PlanetMinis Forums banner

Member Pictures Thread - ATC70 and TRX70

145K views 174 replies 95 participants last post by  tmas 
#1 ·
Please post pictures of your ATC70's and TRX70's here.

#6 ·
Here is mine named the Mini Tiger. Check out the link for more info. It is modeled after a rare race three wheeler buit in the USA by a company called Tiger ATV. They were built to race only, Rotax powered and came with a bunch of trick parts right from the factory. Two of mine ae in the other pics. This one is a Fully suspended A+ Inc. frame from the 80s that were avaliable as an race upgrade for the youth class (yes Youth class). Customized with a 125cc Manual Clutch Elec. Start and a front and rear disc brake conversion.olblue27 - Blue 27's A+ Inc. "Mini Tiger"

Attachments

#97 ·
hey blue 27!!!! i met u at mid ohio 2009 i had a huge duperduty truck with 6 foot steer horns on it and i told you i have a couple dozen atc 70's... since then i have found a real low hour 1974 and a nice un restored 1973 atc 70... i was wondering if anyone has replicated the A+ kits???? i am selling off a bunch of my atc 70's they are all great nice clean runners mostly 1984 and 1985's call me sometime 973 670 1496 thanks

#7 ·
blue27 said:
Here is mine named the Mini Tiger. Check out the link for more info. It is modeled after a rare race three wheeler buit in the USA by a company called Tiger ATV. They were built to race only, Rotax powered and came with a bunch of trick parts right from the factory. Two of mine ae in the other pics. This one is a Fully suspended A+ Inc. frame from the 80s that were avaliable as an race upgrade for the youth class (yes Youth class). Customized with a 125cc Manual Clutch Elec. Start and a front and rear disc brake conversion.olblue27 - Blue 27's A+ Inc. "Mini Tiger"

There we go...very cool Blue. Any chance you can get a small video clip on youtube of this beast?

#8 ·
Not the best pictures, but I took my son out riding today so it is kinda dirty.

1986 TRX70 Purchased new by my father in 1986 to be used on our family farm by my nephew (who is now 29!). It go very little use, then spent most of it's life in storage until both of my parents passed on.

I got it, cleaned it up a tad bit and now my 6 year old son rides it!

It has a Clarke plastic tank (the stocker got rusty in storage, and I have a set of Sand Shark paddles for it for when he gets to go to the Dunes :D

He just started riding just last fall . . .

#10 ·
Off topic. I looked at a Nice ATC70 for the kids today. Needless to say, I'll be looking for a TRX70 or TRX90 for the kids as while I feel I'd be fine mobbing around on one, I won't be putting a 7 year old in harm's way on an ATC with little to no riding experience. While I understand bathtubs can also be dangerous, a young kid on a 3 wheeler is asking for trouble.

Just my opinion.

If any of you find a complete 1973-1974 ATC for me, drop me a note as I would be happy to build up one of the K0 or K1's to chase the kids around while riding a TRX.

#13 ·
This one is for sale ... See add !!!

This ones for sale .... sad to say ... lost my job so it needs to go ... $450.00 ... COBRA EXHAUST AND COMES WITH STOCK EXHAUST, OEM HONDA PLASTICS, RARE SUNKEN CAP CLARKE FUEL TANK, BRAKES WORK, STARTS ON FIRST PULL, NO OIL LEAKS OR SMOKE, READY TO RIDE ... YOU WONT BE SORRY ... TYPICAL HONDA QUALITY ... RELIABLE AS A BALL-PEEN HAMMER !!!

http://www.planetminis.com/f86/1-my-atc70-s-1985-model-101592.html

#17 ·
This is my standard ATC70. My 3 year old son is a huge fan of it. He's a bit young to ride it himself, but he realy likes sitting on the tank while cruisin' through the woods...

The track picture was taken at Daxweekend in Bruges last summer, racing against a Chinese mini quad and a couple of homebuilt trikes. Even though these vehicles aren't made for on the road use, it was huge fun. Especially cutting corners through the grass...

I quite like the ATC the way it is. It's not that fast, but it's nippy and pulls well enough for what it is. The 4-speed semi is just fantastic, and the 6V electrics have never let me down ;)

All it needs to make it complete is a rear grab bar and the rubber clutch cover.

Cheers!

Godfried

Attachments

#18 ·
Z said:
Off topic. I looked at a Nice ATC70 for the kids today. Needless to say, I'll be looking for a TRX70 or TRX90 for the kids as while I feel I'd be fine mobbing around on one, I won't be putting a 7 year old in harm's way on an ATC with little to no riding experience. While I understand bathtubs can also be dangerous, a young kid on a 3 wheeler is asking for trouble.

Just my opinion.

If any of you find a complete 1973-1974 ATC for me, drop me a note as I would be happy to build up one of the K0 or K1's to chase the kids around while riding a TRX.

I relented and found a 1985 for $300 but will be installing either an 88 or 108 12V CDI motor into it. I'll turn the limiter down next to nothing for when the kids take it out for a crawl.:D

This will mainly be used in the winter and I want the engine to start without issue in sub zero temps and don't want to worry about engine maintenance.

Dreis - Nice looking trike.

#23 ·
puff146 said:
Just thought I would share a couple of bikes I just finished for a customer. Both have foot brakes and front disc's.

Could you post info or pm me for front disc and rear foot pedal set ups. Nice looking trikes!!!

I have an 86 trx70, 85&74 atc 70's that need foot pedals and front disc for atc's.

#24 ·
stevo206 said:
Could you post info or pm me for front disc and rear foot pedal set ups. Nice looking trikes!!!

I have an 86 trx70, 85&74 atc 70's that need foot pedals and front disc for atc's.

It's all custom "made to fit" parts. Very costly and a lot of labor involved.

The rear starts with ATC90 rear brake parts and the front is Mountain bike disc brakes with a custom front hub.

#25 ·
1986 trx70. Current mods, switched out the short rod crank with a knock off one. TB88 kit with bigger carb, and e22 head. Went one tooth up on the sprocket and put a lighting stator on it. It absolutely rips. I have some carasile tires that im gonna end up putting on it the ones that are on it are getting pretty dry rotted. Oh heres the best thing about this trx70. My brother and I only paid 150 bucks for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.