Anyone Have a ZB50 For Sale (US Only) - Page 2

PlanetMinis Forums

Anyone Have a ZB50 For Sale (US Only)

This is a discussion on Anyone Have a ZB50 For Sale (US Only) within the 1988 ZB50 and ZB Import Replica Bikes forums, part of the General Talk category; very nice bike but too much for me. Im the highest bidder on the parts zb right now at 168 Originally Posted by RAZZO Here's ...

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone Have a ZB50 For Sale (US Only)

This user has no status.

very nice bike but too much for me. Im the highest bidder on the parts zb right now at 168

Quote Originally Posted by RAZZO
    Here's one of mine. I am going to post it on Ebay next week. Just saw this thread. This bike is right. No expense spared. Can be returned to stock. Included will be: NOS front fender

Stock shock

NOS Honda tank decals w/ warning decals

OEM turn signals

NOS Honda black exhaust cover

Motor - Minigunz stock rebuild - 2hrs on it.

14 miles on resto. 14 miles on NOS Speedometer.

Custom made Works Performance shock

NOS Parts - wheels - hubs - handlebars - all handlebar controls - mirrors- seat - tailight lens - fork reflectors - misc. fastners - footpeg assembly - kickstand and more. This bike has the correct rear fiberglass oem fender not a replacement plastic one.

Bike speaks for it self. No Ebay fuzzy picture rusted bent missing parts smokin piece of crap. Also New Jersey tagged. I'm keeping my stone stock one. Over 3K into this bike. I'm asking $3000. Email me for more details. Check out pictures on my website in the "My Bikes Gallery".

d0n
    This user has no status.

Hell, I'll sell my ZB for $3000 too. Has a 125cc engine, 4spd manual tranny and other go fast goodies. 69 mph on GPS. 98 mpg city driving. Legally registered in NY.

is Defying the laws of
    tradition...

Supporting Member

Stock vs Modified

[quote name='d0n']Hell, I'll sell my ZB for $3000 too. Has a 125cc engine, 4spd manual tranny and other go fast goodies. 69 mph on GPS. 98 mpg city driving. Legally registered in NY.

Nice ZB50 d0n! There is a big difference in value between hot rods and stock bikes to collectors. A simple paint job on my ZB's with the correct decals added and a few parts replaced = original restored bike. Higher value. Collectors want original. Not modified. Buy all the $1500 ZB'S you want. Try to restore one now. Parts are gone. I know of people who have paid $500 for a nos ZB50 gas tank. That bike on Ebay, you would go broke trying to restore that basket case. Buy that to hot rod. Too many parts missing or ruined. Do you have the original motor for yours? Turn signals? Exhaust and cover? If so hold on to them. Your will be worth a lot more in the future than as it sits now. You built a hot rod for you. Ride, enjoy it! Also make an bracket, tap the swingarm, bolt it to that last bolt hole on the Monkey rear hugger so it not flopping around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Ether or 3000 is way to much for me. 1500 is the highest i will go but it has to be pretty nice

This user has no status.

Good luck finding a nice one for $1500. 99% of ZB's were either trail ridden or street ridden hard by kids. No one really cared for them when they were brand new so not many mint ones exist. The only nice ones left are either owned by the people on this board (hehe) or have been rebuilt. And with so many crucial parts no longer available, the mint ones are slowly disappearing and those for sale are commending very high prices (1800-ish). I think in your budget range will be something that is mechanically good but not good cosmetically or maybe missing some parts.

I kinda regret modding my first ZB (it was absolutely mint, had only 112km's on it and all the original parts but this was like 8 years ago and I didn't think I would find another ZB in my area or find a community that loved the ZB so much.) Now that I have 3, I've kinda given up on keeping anything stock and am just modding to my heart and budget's delight. BTW - I completely redid one of the ZB's this week and I'll post pics tomorrow....it's quite a shocking/different look from stock!
    1988 ZB50/Ducati Monster - 88cc S-stage w/Big Valve ported head & high compression piston

2nd 1988 ZB50/Ducati Monster - 72cc XR70 transformation begins....

3rd 1988 ZB50 - Sold!

YSR Stock 50 Champion; 2003, 2004 & 2005

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fastbmw
    BTW - I completely redid one of the ZB's this week and I'll post pics tomorrow....it's quite a shocking/different look from stock!

got me wondering what you did to say shocking a different.

sorry for the thread jack jmurray. bump for your search. did you get a hold of the guy?
    fiddy from the five fifty

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by supernes550
    got me wondering what you did to say shocking a different.

sorry for the thread jack jmurray. bump for your search. did you get a hold of the guy?

let's just say when I borrowed it yesterday, and drove it through DT vancouver, I got non-stop looks.

This user has no status.

So why don't you get those pictures so we can stop wondering how you managed to fit a 160cc DOHC 6 speed into you frame and how the suspension works and gets like a foot of travel and then on top of that, the bike has a top speed of 100mph? We are all wondering...

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by qwoke-q
    So why don't you get those pictures so we can stop wondering how you managed to fit a 160cc DOHC 6 speed into you frame and how the suspension works and gets like a foot of travel and then on top of that, the bike has a top speed of 100mph? We are all wondering...

whose got a bike like that? I'd like to see pics too!

This user has no status.

well i have been trying and trying to get one and cant. Im going to give up for now. the parts zb has rust in the tank and no keys. that right there makes the bike hard to restore.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jmurray192
    well i have been trying and trying to get one and cant. Im going to give up for now. the parts zb has rust in the tank and no keys. that right there makes the bike hard to restore.

dude what's up with the bike from hans? you didn't like it?
    fiddy from the five fifty

Super Moderator
    is ...........................?

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmurray192

Save your $$$$$ and find an unmolested one like I have.

Well worth the money and I bet you the bike will raise in value being the rarest Honda ever made. Good Investment? no dents or scratches.

Each dealer only got two zb's, back in 1988.

tmas

This user has no status.

Why are the tank decals fuzzy? Are they photoshopped?

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwoke-q
    Why are the tank decals fuzzy? Are they photoshopped?
    No photoshop.It is an original Honda. Decals may be fuzzy because of no flash on my cam??

tmas

hope this is a better pic for you, qwoke

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

qwoke-qq

here is a close up shot for you.

tmas

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links