2 stroke pit bikes vs 4stroke pit bikes

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on 2 stroke pit bikes vs 4stroke pit bikes within the 2 Stroke Pitbikes forums, part of the General Talk category; I just wanted to see some peoples opinions on racing 2 stroke pit bikes against 4 stroke pit bikes. There is alot of conflict with ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    This user has no status.

I just wanted to see some peoples opinions on racing 2 stroke pit bikes against 4 stroke pit bikes. There is alot of conflict with this subject and being an owner of both it is hard for me to understand why.....

assuming a fair class division by wheel size and power why is it still considered unfair to race a 2 stroke against a four stroke?

For example I have a ktm 65 and my buddy has a 160 china bike with same wheel size and in a drag race his bike is actually faster...... so why is it considered unfair to race against each other in motorcross????

give me some thoughts and opinions...................

This user has no status.

Re: 2 stroke pit bikes vs 4stroke pit bikes

I'm with you bro! I've been fighting the good fight forever now... I'll let you know more once I start riding my 65 project next week. --L*64

This user has no status.

same reason why in the minibike kids races the 4 strokes were/aren't allowed. But some of the 65cc classes are now allowing 4 strokes.

It all boils down to growing the sport.

Some people think the best way to promote/build the sport is in line with keeping them seperate. Some people think it is better to put them together (not many but there are a few of us). I have stated a bunch that the 2 stroke is a cheaper option since I built mine out for less than most of the 4 stroke race engines cost by themselves, and the bike is the same size as the klx110 but it already has suspension and linkage so that seemed logical to me, but I guess not to others.

Power can always be fudged on either engine type so thats a non issue if you make real classes correctly to fit them together.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    This user has no status.

Back in the good old days, when the 4 stroke big bikes were are turdly as the "modern" OHV pitbike, the AMA and others allowed them to be double the displacement. With the dinger, and most development for it dead, the scales have to be adjusted. No reason they can't co-exist though.

This user has no status.

Yeah, I say let them race. The only catch, no more displacement handicaps. Have straight up displacement classes. 65's race against 65's, 150's race against up to 150cc any displacement, and so on.

This user has no status.

The thing i dont understand is that many places wont let the 65s run in the 12 inch mod class, even if the rider opps to not be placed or given a trophy.

It is still the same same concept of a big person on a little bike.....

I just dont get it.... ya when pit bikes first started a 65 would kill a some what mod klx 110.... but now days a pro pitster puts out more power than my 65, has a longer wheel base, comparable suspension, similar seat height and the weight difference is only roughly 15 pounds.

now the whole 65s are race bikes thing..... well pit bikes did start with random trail bikes that were slow and lacked suspension, but then people started modding them more and more.... and now it is way cheaper to buy a pro pitster than it is to mod out a stock klx....... well I say I pro pitster is a race ready machine that is not only superior to a klx 110 but also a ktm 65........

This user has no status.

65's match up good with the 140cc 4stroke and under unless they have a modded head. Look at how semra.org has the motard classes sectioned:

Two strokes up to 65cc, 4 strokes up to 125cc under Superbike rules. Bikes may have unlimited engine mods but must not exceed max displacement.

They been racing them together for several years now.

This user has no status.

When my whip is done, I'll start to press the issue some. The first step to getting them into the races is to build it, then bring it to the track. Then start whining and whoompering about it... then repeat. --L*64

Banned
    This user has no status.

your good on the whining issue lol.

This user has no status.

Yeah!! How 'bout the whoompering?

BTW Dom-- is moving the needle in the carb the same as rejetting? Or do you re- jet, with the needle in the stock position? OR... leave the carb set up stock-- (it probably is jetted rich stock), and throw on a pipe and call it a day?

Banned
    This user has no status.

The needle controls fuel at different throttle positions. Main jet controls fuel at wide open throttle. Gottarun it wide opn and do a plug check to see if the main is correct.

This user has no status.

i have a kx60 for a pit bike heres an old vid on youtube search for kx60 pitbike and thats mine but yeah i think we should have 2's and 4's together y not arnt pitbikes spoda be fun ans yes i would rather have my kx60 than a pitster

This user has no status.

all i'm saying.... 4 gears vs. 6!!

I aggree they should race though... they look like a blast!!!!

williegbiker, hauls the mail!!!

This user has no status.

ya but on an indoor I would really like to see some one get into 6th.... or even 5th gear on a ktm 65 sx............haha you also "haul the mail" burch when your shoulders not broken.

This user has no status.

i love 2strokes and my friends all have off brand 4 strokes that are 125s and thay cant touch my kx60 and its bone stock except for bars but it could just be the skill differnce

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links