82Yz80J,also 83,84,85,86 Yz80's - Page 2

PlanetMinis Forums

82Yz80J,also 83,84,85,86 Yz80's

This is a discussion on 82Yz80J,also 83,84,85,86 Yz80's within the 2 Stroke Pitbikes forums, part of the General Talk category; Well plans have changed again as I acquired another ported top end off Marks vintage mx board it's been ported with extensive work done to ...

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 82Yz80J,also 83,84,85,86 Yz80's

is XR75 & YZ80 NUT!

Well plans have changed again as I acquired another ported top end off Marks vintage mx boardClick image for larger version. 

Name:	yz cronicals3 001.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	94490Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yz cronicals3 002.JPG 
Views:	396 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	94491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yz cronicals3 003.JPG 
Views:	355 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	94492it's been ported with extensive work done to the transfer ports including two extra hole drilled at an angle from the reed side to the transfer port area.Exhaust side has been polished,along with some of the intake.all I'm going to do is touch up the intake side, do a little blending on the edge of the transfer port then put it all together.on the So Cal yz80. Oh I also discovered that both forks were bent on that bike but luckily I have donors....
    Last edited by hobbeekid; 09-29-2012 at 12:13 PM.

This user has no status.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 008.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	403.1 KB 
ID:	94497Awesome build! Contact me if you want CAD files for converting the bolt-on exhaust spigot to the slip-on style. Take a look at my YZ60 too. I've got some good porting info for the '81 YZ80... same port config. I did the same on mine. They're called Boyesen ports that go from the intake to the secondary transfers. You would gain some power if you made yours larger, if you can without cutting into the stud bores. Keep us posted!
    Last edited by T-Dub13; 07-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.

is Leaning heavily towards
    unloading some minis.

That DG pipe is swweeeet. Bikes look good looks like fun.

I ended up finding my motor for mine in a box at my cousins house. The barrings in the bottom end are all rusty now so ill have to go through the bottom end. Ill keep looking back on this thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

is XR75 & YZ80 NUT!

Quote Originally Posted by elixur View Post
    That DG pipe is swweeeet. Bikes look good looks like fun.

I ended up finding my motor for mine in a box at my cousins house. The barrings in the bottom end are all rusty now so ill have to go through the bottom end. Ill keep looking back on this thread.
    Yes keep checking back as I'm doing stuff all the time with these yz80's....

This user has no status.

Hey Hobbeekid, I just replied to ur PM. If anyone else wants porting specs for these motors PM me. At 30yrs old, it's not an industry secret anymore! I think I might have a modified combustion chamber worked out too. Pick your compression ratio and MSV (maximum squish velocity) and I can design you a chamber. These bikes rock!

is Going big or going home!

1986 YZ 80 was my first bike ever! I've ALWAYS wanted to find on and make it show room fresh. When I got my 86'er I was 12 years old... Would have been in 1992. Mine was roached out and just about everything was rigged together. Plastic was wired together cuz the mounting bolts snapped off in the frame... And so one.

Im pumped for you man! This will be a great band aid to not haveing it when you were a kid ! I'm jellious.

Post more Pics!

This user has no status.

Good to see that you're still working with these old YZ's. Post a pic of that restored YZ50! Eric Gorr can do a great job porting a dinosaur! --L*64

This user has no status.

I think I fixed the intake boot, I stared at the goop section at canadian tire for 20 mins, and went with a black silicone. I stretched all the cracks so it got inside and then smeared a layer over the whole thing, seems to have setup nice and still is flexible enough. I am working on the 50 again, I was waiting on a float, needle valve and seat to finish that project but now something in the drive seems to be binding.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Plastic on the YZ50

I was really happy with the results on that bike, I seen a youtube video detailing how to just scrape the old plastic with a razor blade.

If you had lots of patience you could make it look mint, just by scraping off the faded plastic, I went a little too fast and caught the corner of the blade making some big scratches here and there but all in all it looks pretty damn good considering how faded it originally was, when I draggedit out of the weeds.

This user has no status.

The Fifty looks nice. Did ya drag the 80 behind the truck on the way home though? hahaha! --L*64

This user has no status.

It does look rough, I thought the 80 was in a shed, but turns out it has been outside the last 10 years, I was disappointed in the condition, neither wheel would turn we had to lay it in a wheelbarrow to get it to my truck. Just taking things off and washing it has done wonders for the look already. Probably should repaint the swing arm and find bars for it. I was expecting worse engine problems but the cylinder was undamaged, so I am happy despite the look it will be less work than I was expecting.

Just taking off the mangy seat and washing it has done wonders

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/yz80jtwo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar64 View Post
    The Fifty looks nice. Did ya drag the 80 behind the truck on the way home though? hahaha! --L*64

This user has no status.

Are you in Canada by any chance? I'm asking because the '82's were yellow here? It does look a little better already.

BTW-- A little off topic-- but if you ARE in Canada, did you guys happen to get a CR60 in '85-"86? We got them '83 and '84, but the later models were alot cooler than the earlier ones we got here. Cooler seat and body. Just wondering. --L*64

This user has no status.

Yes I'm in Canada. No idea on the CR60 question, I was just riding the yz80 around our farm and wasn't involved at the track at all, so don't know anything about other model bikes.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links