82Yz80J,also 83,84,85,86 Yz80's - Page 3

PlanetMinis Forums

82Yz80J,also 83,84,85,86 Yz80's

This is a discussion on 82Yz80J,also 83,84,85,86 Yz80's within the 2 Stroke Pitbikes forums, part of the General Talk category; Kidd, I just saw a NOS YZ80 carb boot go for big money on ebay. I'm looking for a good one also. I've got two ...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 82Yz80J,also 83,84,85,86 Yz80's

This user has no status.

Kidd, I just saw a NOS YZ80 carb boot go for big money on ebay. I'm looking for a good one also. I've got two rotted ones. Keep us posted on the black silicone fix. Hopefully you've found a cure. In my industry, we use an ice cube to spread RTV silicone. It doesn't stick to water haha. Try it if you have a tough time spreading it and making it nice and smooth.

Cool project! I've got a restored YZ50 up in the second floor of my house! Great conversation piece haha, but too nice to ride now...

Oh and L*64, I've got some Eric Gore stuff. Yeah, He's good. I have one of his heads on my YZ490, goes like a scalded dog.
    Last edited by T-Dub13; 07-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.

is XR75 & YZ80 NUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
    1986 YZ 80 was my first bike ever! I've ALWAYS wanted to find on and make it show room fresh. When I got my 86'er I was 12 years old... Would have been in 1992. Mine was roached out and just about everything was rigged together. Plastic was wired together cuz the mounting bolts snapped off in the frame... And so one.

Im pumped for you man! This will be a great band aid to not haveing it when you were a kid ! I'm jellious.

Post more Pics!
    Jordo, It's never too late to find that bike again! for cheap!!! Just troll yer local Craigslist. They pop up, or if you don't mind searching nationwide try AD HUNTER you'd be surprised at what you can find...

is XR75 & YZ80 NUT!

Quote Originally Posted by thekidd77 View Post
    I'd love to get that red & white plastic!!!! I'm envious!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

is XR75 & YZ80 NUT!

It does look rough, I thought the 80 was in a shed, but turns out it has been outside the last 10 years, I was disappointed in the condition, neither wheel would turn we had to lay it in a wheelbarrow to get it to my truck. Just taking things off and washing it has done wonders for the look already. Probably should repaint the swing arm and find bars for it. I was expecting worse engine problems but the cylinder was undamaged, so I am happy despite the look it will be less work than I was expecting.

Just taking off the mangy seat and washing it has done wonders

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/yz80jtwo.jpg
    I like it!!! Just imagine it with red anodized rims, a alloy swingarm, reworked shock & forks, ported, boysen reeds and a aftermarket pipe & silencer! Ok, I'm getting carried away with this again LOL!!!!

This user has no status.

Well seeing as your Avatar picture is of my bike I understand the envy. Kind of funny how they sold a different color in Canada, you would think the Canadian ones would be the same as the American ones for shipping ease, not the same as european ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbeekid View Post
    I like it!!! Just imagine it with red anodized rims, a alloy swingarm, reworked shock & forks, ported, boysen reeds and a aftermarket pipe & silencer! Ok, I'm getting carried away with this again LOL!!!!

This user has no status.

There is another reason I can't give up the red and white plastic to you Hobbeekid, it's a hilarious play on words I have going on with my kids that they haven't solved yet. I decided to start riding a motocross again last year and started looking for a bike in the $2000 dollar range, I was fully expecting to end up with a 10 year old yz426f. Then I came across a pristine condition 2005 CRF450R for $2500, a steal in Canada. When I got it home I told the kids I love my new bike, but that I'm a lil sad because I didnt really want a red bike, I really wanted a blue bike, why they asked? Because I always had blue bikes when I was a lil kid and my very favorite blue bike was red and white. All four looked at me with confused faces, one of these days they will figure it out.

This user has no status.

I'm in the same boat there Kidd. My favorite bikes are Yellow and NOT suzukis. I always hated the white though because of my 1989 YZ125 which I couldn't for the life of me, get the suspension tuned on. That thing wouldn't fly straight if you hooked it to a helicopter. So now I've got a YZ490 which I'm collecting yellow plastic for. Nobody understands why. I guess everyones favorite stems from what they saw at the track and in the magazines when they were first introduced.

Here's my YZ50. In the living room here, but now it's in the upstairs hallway. It was my dream bike as a kid and 30 years later I found one and restored it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1980+YZ50G+Rside.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	94591
    badmatt828 likes this.

This user has no status.

We must have had them here there is an ad for a 1986 CR60 and CR80 as a package neither running both sound seized, pretty steep at $900 though

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar64 View Post
    Are you in Canada by any chance? I'm asking because the '82's were yellow here? It does look a little better already.

BTW-- A little off topic-- but if you ARE in Canada, did you guys happen to get a CR60 in '85-"86? We got them '83 and '84, but the later models were alot cooler than the earlier ones we got here. Cooler seat and body. Just wondering. --L*64

This user has no status.

Oh man, I'd love to find a CR60. I passed on a free one a few years ago and have been kicking myself in the arse ever since. I'll pass on the RM's though. I always thought they were sorta fugly, well, except for the '82.

This user has no status.

The bike needs a piston and he wants $350 for it seems like too much coin, and that piston sounds very hard to find, everything for it seems hard to find, I guess when they weren't sold in the USA that cuts into the used parts market

This user has no status.

I bet you could fit a KX60 piston into it. If you're a collector, it's a great deal. You could make that back by parting it if you can't get it running.

This user has no status.

I just bought a 84 yz80 for $50, it is missing all kinds of parts

got some stuff you will sell me Hobbeekid? I need everything on the bars, and a carb. I also think I need some wheel spacers and chain tighteners but wont know which spacers are missing until I get it apart.

This user has no status.

I think you can get most of those parts from Yamaha still. Check with your local dealer or online dealer before paying a high price on fleabay for a part everyone thinks is obsolete. I've made that mistake!

This user has no status.

I took apart the 84 yz80 and even though it looks like it was a new top end the piston has been hitting the head, the Bottom end bearing in the crank has up and down play in it, it needs over 300 in parts plus the bottom end and head so not worth the hassle, thinking about putting my 82 motor in the 84 which will solve my rad problem, does anyone know if the wheels are interchangeable? They are definitely different rims but I have the new bearings in the 82 rims, and the 84 is missing the spacers

This user has no status.

more info

I took apart the 84 yz80 and even though it looks like it was a new top end the piston has been hitting the head, the Bottom end bearing in the crank has up and down play in it, it needs over 300 in parts plus the bottom end and head so not worth the hassle, thinking about putting my 82 motor in the 84 which will solve my rad problem, does anyone know if the wheels are interchangeable? They are definitely different rims but I have the new bearings in the 82 rims, and the 84 is missing the spacers
    I guess I can answer this now
    The fork tubes are a different size, bigger on the84, which means the front axle bolts is longer on the 84 but the wheel takes up the same room so the front wheel from the 82 bolted right to the 84 and brake drum fits the stop on the left side.

The rear wheel was wider on the 82, but also had a big spacer on the left so it may have been ableto fit with out the spacer, decided to use the 84 rear wheel though as the sprockets are way more readily available and I wasn't missing any spacers, the 82 chain adjusters fit to complete the rear setup, also stole the shoes from the 82 that were identical and had more pad material.

So I now have an 84 rolling chasis with an 82 front rim, front fender from 82 bolts to 84 but wouldnt work the other way around as the 82 fender has a dip for the bottom hose for the 82 handlebar rad.

My new dilemma is I only have the parts to rebuild the 82 top end so need to use it, but that cylindr has the carb coming straight out the middle the 84 cylinder has a bend so the carb angles off to the left side where the airbox connection is, anyone know if there is enough play in the rubber boot on the airbox to reach a carb in the center and not angled out? If it wont reach any ideas on what to use to plumb the airbox to the carb? I'd answer this myself but don't actually have the original 84 rubber boot that attaches to the carb and airboxo dont want to order one if its a waste of time.

In other news I have my $100 1986 kx80 fully operational, took a few hunded in parts but cant complain about having new sprockets chains levers and cables. As long as I remember to shut the fuel off after each ride it starts first kick. The suspension seems soft and likely could use a fork rebuild but I also weigh 230 and it could just be me.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links