PlanetMinis Forums

Kx85 With Kx100 Sleeve?

This is a discussion on Kx85 With Kx100 Sleeve? within the 2 Stroke Pitbikes forums, part of the General Talk category; Hello guys i have a Kx85 and i was wondering wether the sleeve of the kx 100 in bolt on on my culinder or i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Hello guys i have a Kx85 and i was wondering wether the sleeve of the kx 100 in bolt on on my culinder or i have to do porting?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by powerman View Post
    Hello guys i have a Kx85 and i was wondering wether the sleeve of the kx 100 in bolt on on my culinder or i have to do porting?

A KX100 is just a bored out 85 cylinder from the factory. So you can get the cylinder you have bored and chromed. I believe Eric Gorr can get it done properly, and at a good price. High Tech Horsepower is supposed to be good as well. --L*64

is ready to put some laps in on
    the minis

another option just try and find a 100 top end maybe hit up ebay for a part out?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar64 View Post
    A KX100 is just a bored out 85 cylinder from the factory. So you can get the cylinder you have bored and chromed. I believe Eric Gorr can get it done properly, and at a good price. High Tech Horsepower is supposed to be good as well. --L*64

Here in Greece i dont have the option of culinder chroming so sleeving is way cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by elixur View Post
    another option just try and find a 100 top end maybe hit up ebay for a part out?

This is also very expensive and the shipping cost is over 50$ to Greece.

What do you believe should i do the sleeving?How much will the extra power be with +15cc?Would i gain 3-4hp?And probably i would need jetting.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by powerman View Post
    Here in Greece i dont have the option of culinder chroming so sleeving is way cheaper.

This is also very expensive and the shipping cost is over 50$ to Greece.

What do you believe should i do the sleeving?How much will the extra power be with +15cc?Would i gain 3-4hp?And probably i would need jetting.

This user has no status.

I'd say that you'd notice more torque than peak horsepower with the extra displacement. If you wanted the best gain-- you'd go with VForce reeds, and a Pro Circuit or FMF pipe in conjunction with the added displacement. I'm sure you could find somebody in Europe to bore and rechrome your 85 cylinder at a decent price. I'd hit the internet and see what you find. I know they have KX100's in Europe someplace. I've seen them in Euro MX vids. Two strokes are still very popular there. --L*64

This user has no status.

I'd say that you'd notice more torque than peak horsepower with the extra displacement. If you wanted the best gain-- you'd go with VForce reeds, and a Pro Circuit or FMF pipe in conjunction with the added displacement. I'm sure you could find somebody in Europe to bore and rechrome your 85 cylinder at a decent price. I'd hit the internet and see what you find. I know they have KX100's in Europe someplace. I've seen them in Euro MX vids. Two strokes are still very popular there. --L*64

Yes thats true when boring a two stroke without porting you get more power in lower rpms.Yes i cant find somenone to chrome it but it costs more.Anyway i dont want to keep it a lot still and with the first chance i want to sell it to buy a bigger one so i just want some extra low budget power.

So you believe that sleeving to 100 is a bolt on conversion?

This user has no status.

You don't have to re-sleeve. Just bore out the sleeve that's already in it. IDK about getting it chromed. You may not have to-- ya may just be able to go with a bore. --L*64

This user has no status.

I suggest you use a KX85 cylinder for this modification. The 85 cylinder makes much better power than the 100 cylinder.(there is a difference)

If your looking for a rippppppppppppper, below.

50.5mm bore x 50mm stroke=100cc (this will out perform the BB 52.5mm(100cc) cylinder or Bigger BB, hands down)

This user has no status.

Υes i will use the 85 cylinder but with the kx 100 sleeve.

This user has no status.

Gene-- great to see ya on here again. Are you saying that the motor is stronger when stroked, rather than bored? I have a KX100 that is fast as heck. You think it would be even faster with the 85 top end? --L*64

This user has no status.

Gene-- great to see ya on here again. Are you saying that the motor is stronger when stroked, rather than bored? I have a KX100 that is fast as heck. You think it would be even faster with the 85 top end? --L*64

Thanks, been busy trying to stay busy. Finally got Zac 2005 CR250 together, he went to RED BUD on Saturday race an Open class, 41 riders he took 1st................. he ran against the 450,s.........lol

Yea the 85 cylinder is the way to go, the biggest I would bore an 85 cylinder is 50.5mm(port design reasons) Any thing bigger the power band starts getting narrow. Stroke it 50mm(100cc) or 52(105cc) bore it 50.5mm You will not be disappointed.

The older 100cc kaw motors where set up nice right from the factory 51.8mm stroke, bore it out to a 50.5mm(104....1mm over) But then they started making the new motor in 1995.....lol

This user has no status.

Gene-- My bud was up there racing the Vet Nat last week. I think he got 11th in 40+ B. He said that it rained so hard, and the track was so crappy for the second moto-- alotta guys didn't even race it. Unfortunately the guys that sat it out were behind him. I thought he said they had a huge gate of riders too. He said the 50+ guys were lightning fast too.

About the 85/100 motor. Who makes the piston and crank you'd run in the motor you described? Wiseco? --L*64

This user has no status.

It did rain but it really wasn't that bad by the end of the day the sun came out, A hand full of them where doing Loracos leap. It was a little rutty but nothing to bad. I herd over 700 riders it was pack it look like a Regional.

Wiseco makes the piston, we custom stroke the OEM cranks in house.

This user has no status.

Interesting. I have a KX85/100 mishmosh bike myself. It started out as an '05 KX100. It's now running 85 wheels, swinger, & linkage. It has an '09 KX85 bottom end and electrics, with the '05 KX100 top end bolted right on. I'm running the slightly longer '05 100 frame. It has V-Force reeds, and an FMF pipe. The bike runs pretty damn strong, and the longer frame actually adds some stability to the ride. I don't want to go through all the effort of the crank-- (mostly because I don't ride the bike very often, and I was going to get another 150R eventually). When it's time for a top end, would it be of any benefit to get an 85 cylinder bored and chromed to run with the OEM 100 piston, as opposed to just getting the stock 100 cylinder rechromed? I was just going to get the stock cylinder ported and rechromed when it wears out. If I can pick up some bottom or mid with an 85 cylinder-- it may be something I could keep in mind. --L*64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads