Advice On Shock Rebuild...

PlanetMinis Forums

Advice On Shock Rebuild...

This is a discussion on Advice On Shock Rebuild... within the 2 Stroke Pitbikes forums, part of the General Talk category; I'm thinking about rebuilding the shock on my sons 01 kx65. Any advise before I tear into it? I'm gonna order an All Balls seal ...

This user has no status.

I'm thinking about rebuilding the shock on my sons 01 kx65. Any advise before I tear into it? I'm gonna order an All Balls seal head on ebay. One question tho- what weight of oil should I use?

Thanks

brap

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by brap View Post
    I'm thinking about rebuilding the shock on my sons 01 kx65. Any advise before I tear into it? I'm gonna order an All Balls seal head on ebay. One question tho- what weight of oil should I use?

Thanks

brap

I think shocks only have one oil weight. Be careful doing what you're doing-- the shock bladder is charged with nitrogen, and will need to be recharged after the rebuild. I'd hate to say it, but you may be better off taking the shock to somebody who rebuilds them. Not only that-- but I could see having a malfunction. This could result in the shock not working properly, or failing again. It couldn't possibly cost more than $75 parts included if you take the shock off yourself. It'd prolly be cash well spent. --L*64

This user has no status.

I would strongly suggest taking it to a professional. Dave Behrend at Fast Bike Industies does all of my work and it has been flawless so far. Here is his website, http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

If you had your state or city listed in your location it wold be easier for some one to recomend a rebuilder.

Sponsored Links