CRF100 XR100 clutch setup - Page 2

PlanetMinis Forums

CRF100 XR100 clutch setup

This is a discussion on CRF100 XR100 clutch setup within the Bigger Minis Forum forums, part of the General Talk category; Originally Posted by TeamIdeal thanks for the info storminorman07, I had seen you mention these plates when I was reading thru some old post but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CRF100 XR100 clutch setup

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamIdeal View Post
    thanks for the info storminorman07, I had seen you mention these plates when I was reading thru some old post but I never cold find them even with a Google search. I will be ordering those and the CR85 springs today.

I run very little free play on our race bikes but I'm like you with this clutch and make sure I run plenty. I plan to order one of the clutch covers in the next week or so. I'm leaning towards the magnesium one, thanks for the filter info.

thanks for the link dirtbkr188
    Well if your ever interested your can get those hyper plates from chp just go to the 50/70 section they are near the bottom of the page.

And to answer your question yes the 85 fibers and steels work in the Takegawa setup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    TeamIdeal likes this.

This user has no status.

I ordered the Barnett clutch yesterday, if it doesn't hold up I will order the CHP hyperplates but I'm guessing they are pretty much the same thing. I never thought to take the easy way and cross check part numbers on the CR/XR plates, just assumed they'd be different and I'd have to measure but guess what...sometimes life's easier than we make it out to be lol.

thanks for the info, I'm sure you have to get tired of newbs asking the same old questions that have been answered a hundred times. I've actually found you get better results Googling stuff and the using the planet mini links that pop up rather than using the search feature on here. hope you have a great weekend

This user has no status.

I got the Tak clutch cover put on and I also ordered Barnett Kevlar friction plates along with the aluminum cryodized drive plates and the heavy duty springs for a CR85R. we put it to the test this weekend on a 3.5 mile mx track that had a turn/switchback track and sand section tied into it. the clutch held up perfect, even after a 45 minute moto the clutch wasn't slipping and although the oil had darkened it was still light enough to see through. this isn't a cheap setup put it's definitely the way to go for me. just wanted to throw an update out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links