ttr 125 cam chain tensioner issues

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on ttr 125 cam chain tensioner issues within the Bigger Minis Forum forums, part of the General Talk category; bought a 2009 that was puffing blue smoke , ripped it apart turned out the guy before me bored the cylinder way too big. bought ...

This user has no status.

bought a 2009 that was puffing blue smoke , ripped it apart turned out the guy before me bored the cylinder way too big. bought a bbr big bore kit lapped the valves installed new seals. fired right up but all the sudden bunch of noise came from the cam chain so i tried to tighten the tensioner and the noise would go away for about a minute and then come back again is the tensensior itself hooped or am i doing something wrong ?

bought a blown yz85 so doing a full swap this winter got the forks on for now will post some pictures once i get it running and figured out.

Thanks !

This user has no status.

and if anyone knows if i can buy the frame cradle kit from "settin trends" still let me know im assuming hes no longer on here

This user has no status.

I can't help on your cam chain issue, but as far as Settin' Trendz goes, he hasn't been on here in quite some time. Is there a reason you'd rather fully cradle it vs. BBR's cradle? That's all I used on mine. I did the full YZ swap on mine as well.
    1973 ATC70 (restored)
    1981 C70 Passport (original)
    1972 CT70 K1 ("restored" rider)
    1977 CT70
    1978 CT70
    1974 Z50
    1993 CT70: TB117cc w/ Takegawa 5 disc clutch & close ratio 3 speed, Over Ti exhaust, G'craft Aux Tank, Kitaco Kicker
    1994 CT70: Nice 110cc engine, Hotlap Exhaust, G'craft Aux Tank, Kitaco Kicker
    09 TTR/YZ Conversion

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

found the manual online for it and got the chain all figured out ! , bike needs some jetting though runs like garbage its getting fairly cold in BC . going to re check valve lash and some other things next week.

bbr frame cradle is 170 US so converted to candian is pretty pricy thought welding it solid would be stronger and cheaper thats all since ill be welding anyways for the swingarm swap.

This user has no status.

you cant "tighten" the tensioner you turn the screw inside to reset it then release it like the manual says. As far as the cradle settin trendz is pretty much MIA, buy the BBR unit. as far as the swingarm swap it really isnt worth the effort as far as i'm concerned, get either the works shock or get yourself an LE 125LE shock and revalve it with a heavier spring, its less work and you'll have a nice ride, if your using the 85 or 80 shock and swingarm you still have to revalve it and respring it other than a disc brake you arent getting alot for all the work. ive never not been able to lock up my drum brake once set up right. but if you really want to do it go for it.

Sponsored Links