Conversion Bike Thread - Page 5

PlanetMinis Forums

Conversion Bike Thread

This is a discussion on Conversion Bike Thread within the Bigger Minis Forum forums, part of the General Talk category; more pics.........

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Conversion Bike Thread

This user has no status.

Re: Conversion Bike Thread

more pics......

This user has no status.

Awesome!!

Banned
    This user has no status.

CRF80 vs. CRF450, or "If you're gonna be a bear..."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

is Trying to have alittle fun in
    life!

Quote Originally Posted by firepower354
    CRF80 vs. CRF450, or "If you're gonna be a bear..."

Nice but what if I wanna be a cub bear???

Banned
    This user has no status.

Dave, you only wanna be a bear so you don't get yelled at for ****ting in the woods, you can reach your own tender parts, and get to get fat and lie around all winter.

Banned
    This user has no status.

Dave, you only wanna be a bear so you don't get yelled at for ****ting in the woods, you can lick your own tender parts, and get to get fat and lie around all winter.

This user has no status.

That really puts it in perspective hwo big a CRF80 engine is physically.

This user has no status.

did everybody die 2008?I have not found a post more recent than that..First I figured because I was not a member of this site,oops I was wrong still reading stuff from 9 yrs ago.I wasted agood part of time,,as u know is the most valueable comodity there is sighning up for this site,not to mention the personal info i had to give to get here. Is anyone still working on this stuff or is this BS. Even the good pics dont explain stuff..Have I got to go through probate period before yall let me in on 9 yrs of experiance (never said I could spell)? I can show u if u don't know!!! Wake up fabricators and machinest!!Backyard style is the best!!!Get off that couch!!

This user has no status.

I hear you. I did my build last year and found a lot of useful info on here but not to many guys are still around from the heydays. Stormin Norman will still post as will Wandell but I guess when pitbikes took a big hit most guys lost interest. luckily for me there's still a solid group around where I live. in fact I just lent a friend my build for a week so he could copy stuff to build his. it would be cool to see this place come back to life.

This user has no status.

I'm still going strong at 48. Years ago I bought a 150F so I could put the motor into the 150R I had sitting around. Had no intention of ever riding it as it was. I was about to head to the track one afternoon in 2010, and when I went to load up my Mod 110, it had a flat tire. I was about to grab my stocker, but I just put new grips on it, and the glue was still wet. I went over to the big 'Ol 150F that was innocently parked in the corner of the garage-- and said f*** it... might as well ride it since it was sitting around? It was hands down the funnest pit bike I ever rode-- including the KX65 I had! I was planning to build a 150F/R conversion, but I decided to save the time and trouble and just opted to run the 150F with tires, bars, and mild suspension mods. Been riding that bike ever since. That first 150F is my practice bike, and I've built a faster one since that I race. So- I've been riding and racing, just doing it on the cheap. --L*64
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1023.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	494.1 KB 
ID:	199145  
    Last edited by Luckystar64; 01-11-2017 at 06:14 AM.

This user has no status.

Yeah, I know I wasn't very active here as my son grew into full size bikes. But when he lost interest in bikes, I got back into pitbikes since I still had a small backyard track. I'm 49 and love the added size of this KLX140L. I started a build thread on it in this section last year.

This user has no status.

I built my TTR/YZ conversion last year. I started on 10" bikes with a bunch of buddies in the mid-2000's, and the scene died out pretty well completely for a while a few years later. Most guys sold their bikes, but I held onto mine despite not riding it. Met a new group of guys, but they all were riding conversion bikes or XR100's, TTR's, and DRZ/KLX125's. I did one race with them, and quickly realized what a disadvantage I was at on such a small bike (mind you I'm 6'3" as well, and the soil is sandy. Keeping a 10" bike in a straight line at speed was nothing short of exhausting. Sold the 10" since I was the only guy I knew with one anymore, and bought the TTR and YZ. It doesn't hold a candle to the Kitaco kits a few buddies are running in their XR's, but it's still a blast.

Here's my build thread, where I tried to outline most of what I did, and reasons I did things I did as well:

TTR125/YZ85 Conversion Question

And a few pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0901.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	199201

Name:	IMG_0907.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	199209

Name:	IMG_0905.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	199217
    Wandell likes this.
    1973 ATC70 (restored)
    1981 C70 Passport (original)
    1972 CT70 K1 ("restored" rider)
    1977 CT70
    1978 CT70
    1974 Z50
    1993 CT70: TB117cc w/ Takegawa 5 disc clutch & close ratio 3 speed, Over Ti exhaust, G'craft Aux Tank, Kitaco Kicker
    1994 CT70: Nice 110cc engine, Hotlap Exhaust, G'craft Aux Tank, Kitaco Kicker
    09 TTR/YZ Conversion

is 10 year member still has no
    status

47 years old and still love my bigger minis as much as my big bikes. Problem is most guys build one and never have a reason to build another.

This user has no status.

haha, we're all around the same age. I'll be 49 this year. I'm really contemplating building another but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

This user has no status.

Looks like the thread is ALIVE again! Hahaha! I have some opinions, and I'm from NE Ohio. That means your experience may vary depending on where your from.

About the PM experience. Lot of good info here, but it's set up for 2004 still. I've talked about it before-- but I think the actual forums need to be streamlined, and quite a few combined.

About conversions? In my region-- stockers (cheap) are on top of the scene. I'm talking about horizontal 12/14 inch wheeled bikes. Not alot of Mods at the races anymore other than Pirhana's around here. Quite a few guys show up at my local track with bigger trail bikes like my 150F, but they're kinda following suit. They may do fork/shock springs, a big bore and a pipe, bars, etc.... but I haven't seen a conversion or a BBR bike in years. With the KLX140 out, a total conversion isn't really necessary anymore. I'm satisfied with how well my 150's work for the money spent. --L*64

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links