PlanetMinis Forums

Can You Help Me Identify?

This is a discussion on Can You Help Me Identify? within the Chinese/Import Minis - General Discussion forums, part of the General Talk category; Hey everyone. First off, EXCELLENT forum. I've been reading for days and it's very well done. A little background (if ya want it). I'm 37 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Hey everyone. First off, EXCELLENT forum. I've been reading for days and it's very well done.

A little background (if ya want it). I'm 37 and have an extensive background with snowmobiles, motorcycles and dirtbikes. I'm a certified instructor for the NY State Motorcycle Safety Foundation and love to ride. I recently bought this old tired pit bike to follow my young daughter around are property with when she rides her 4 wheeler. I don't plan to race it, jump it or anything else. I just like to ride behind her and before I bought this I had to follow her with our lawn tractor which SUCKED!

The kid I bought it from said he "thought" it was an 110 Orion but wasn't sure. I don't have the serial numbers with me at work but I sent these same pictures to someone at Orion along with the number stamped into the frame as well as the one on the engine. They weren't much help. They thought it might be one of theirs but when I emailed back a thank you and asked about maintenance or how to service it, I got nothing.

I'm basically looking to find out: 1) What is it? 2) How do I maintain it? (oil changes, oil amount to add, what type of filter, what type of oil, etc....) 3) Where can I get parts for it? I know the rear brake is missing, the rear swingarm was repainted white and it has a bit of an oil leak that I haven't tracked down yet. I'm considering tearing it down to the bare frame and repainting it over the winter to match my sportbike (I own a paint shop). But for now, I'd simply like to go through it fully to make sure it'll last. I simply don't know where to start since I don't even know what it is.

Here's a few shots I took of it at my shop. The decal kit was added just before I bought it and is definitely not a stock item. After cleaning it up a bit, I found the motor is indeed a 110cc and it's a blue-ish color, not black as it appears in the pics. It runs great and I love ripping around the back lot with it. At nearly 220 pounds, I'm amazed it moved at ALL with me on it but this thing actually flies! Hahahaha I considered teaching my daughter how to ride it but she thinks it's a bit too fast for her right now and wants to stick to her quad (no shifting to worry about on the quad either). It's a kick start only model and has a 4 speed manual tranny.

Hope you all can help me out because these things all look the same to me. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pit.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	68782

Name:	pit2.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	68783

Name:	pit3.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	68784

This user has no status.

i dont think it is.no orion 70 has drum brakes besides the stocker

is tired of this bad weather!!
    hate the NW!!can't wait to
    move to AZ in oct

Front end/ triples and exhaust look like they are from an SDG

This user has no status.

thats what i was thinking

This user has no status.

I was told it's an older model and that Orion bikes originally had rear drum brakes but that could be wrong of course. Its definitely a 110 engine though.

Any idea where I could find info on maintenance? I don't know what kind of oil filter it uses and how much oil it takes. I just need a general bit of knowledge about the bike. Any info would help. I also saw it needed new front brake pads (the ones on it were metal to metal) but without knowing what machine it is, I basically looked for a set online that resembled the ones on it. Not the best way to do it but I'm hoping it works.

This user has no status.

It's not SDG, none of it is. Can't tell you what it IS though.

is currently licking windows

I do not think that..swingarm came with that frame......shock angle looks wrong....swinger looks long...

Super Moderator
    is Grateful...

Supporting Member

The rear wheel is also missing the brake disc...

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
    The rear wheel is also missing the brake disc...

I don't know if the rear was disc or drum (but I obviously knew it was missing)

For just running around our property the front brakes are fine, or will be again once the pads come in. Assuming I ordered the right ones.

I can get the numbers off the frame and engine tomorrow. Really hope that helps someone on here identify what it is.

Is there any chance these 110 engines are somewhat universal as far as oil capacity and filter type?

This user has no status.

not sure what it is.

but i do know theres no filter on the motor and it should take less than 1quart of oil.

put in half and keep checking/adding till you see it on the dip stick

10w40 semi syn

This user has no status.

Thanks for the info. That helps!

I did take a much closer look at it this morning and found more info that MIGHT help a little bit.

The engine isn't blue. It's regular silver/metal colored. Someone spray painted it blue (no idea why!).

The VIN listed on the head tube is hard to read, the cables run near it and rubbed it a bit but I think its: LYPYN16050306372 with a star before and after it.

The serial number on the engine is: 152FMH05090660. The carb is a Huayi made in Japan and the engine head has almost what appears to be a small "PAC MAN" logo on it. I know that sounds nuts but there's no other way to describe it. Its just to the right of the displacement marking on the right side of the head.

is Is geting close to finishing
    the 70 FINALLY

As someone who has been in the same position, it doesn't really matter who made it. All of these bikes are based on the Honda 50 and even though 100 different companies made pit bikes they're almost all the same. If you need something you can usually just take a few measurements, give those to someone like TboltUSA and they'll be able to find what you need.

This user has no status.

I didn't know that. I guess it makes things a lot easier for me. I was sure because there were 100 different companies there would be 100 different possibilities for parts and stuff. Thanks guys!!!!!

This user has no status.

not sure of the bike but your motor is the same exact as the one on my roketa a Loncin 125 im sure that the motor is a loncin if you compare it to my pic off to the left youll see what i mean

Super Moderator
    is Grateful...

Supporting Member

FWIW, it's probably a 52.4 bore X 49.5 stroke. The cylinder should be 69mm tall from the engine case to the head. It's a crank-mounted clutch, probably a 1dn-3up trans. A standard Chinese engine that should still have a wide variety of parts still available. As PTECH said, a few measurements and/or pictures will help in getting replacement parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads