PlanetMinis Forums banner

Lifan 160cc wiring

17K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ahwest 
#1 ·
Picked up this Lifan 160cc motor with 5 wires coming from stator for my z50 build

Tire Auto part Wire Bolt cutter Electrical wiring

it doesn't have the white wire, is the pink wire same as white wire?
I'm planning to add a battery to the system, does this wiring diagram look correct?

Diagram Text Technical drawing Plan Parallel

which CDI and rectifier do i need for this motor?

Thanks for any input.

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
I was told by rusty nuts that it has the daytona style outer rotor stator

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Automotive starter motor Automotive alternator

and I found the CDI from the box of parts

Wire Cable Electrical wiring Technology Electronic device
Wire Cable Electrical wiring Technology Electronic device

however the only connector from the CDI harness that fits into the connector from the engine side has different color wiring, that doesn't sound right...

Auto part Wire Electrical wiring Gas Engine

I looked at BuckIt's suggested diagram, however my color wirings are different as follow

Text Font Line

only # 8, 9, and 10 are the same.

can someone please help me on this? I will also need to add battery and rectifier.

#11 ·
That engine is a YX160, it has a Lifan 150 / Daytona 125 style outer rotor kit fitted to it
There are a few different colour main harness's available which can make thing's confusing

You will need a full wave regulator /rectifier to use the single yellow wire from the lighting coil
The reg/rect will have 2 yellow wire's or a yellow wire and a pink wire

The GY5 Scooter's use a full wave regulator/rectifier

You will need to bridge the 2x diagonal terminal's and connect the yellow wire from the lighting coil to one terminal

#13 ·
Thank you so much BuckIt, my67xr and Tbolt! I have an extra GY6 rectifier laying around from my ruckus build before, lets see if this will work!

is this Lifan 150 / ZS155 type ignition even good to start with? if not which stator setup would you recommend for street riding?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.