Slow Skyteam cobra/ Honda ape copy

PlanetMinis Forums

Slow Skyteam cobra/ Honda ape copy

This is a discussion on Slow Skyteam cobra/ Honda ape copy within the Chinese/Import Minis - General Discussion forums, part of the General Talk category; Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on this forum I've recently bought a Skyteam Cobra 50cc (Chinese Honda Ape copy) with about 5000km ...

This user has no status.

Question Slow Skyteam cobra/ Honda ape copy

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting on this forum
    I've recently bought a Skyteam Cobra 50cc (Chinese Honda Ape copy) with about 5000km on it. The problem is that it basically runs like crap. You might think that it's because it's a cheap chinese reproduction but I've owned two cobras in the past and they performed well. Here are the problem in more details:
    -When the engine is "cold" (when I just started it), the bike can't even go up a slight hill. It just dies after like 20 meters (depending on the steepness). This sucks since my daily commute starts with a hill... The only way I can get it to go up a hill is to start my commute with a downhill to rev the motor up like crazy (I guess it heat the motor up). Then only does the bike perform a bit better.
    -After a few kms, when its runs normally (I guess) it still doesn't that fast (even for a 50cc)

Here's the thing, the two other Cobras I owned were derestricted (airbox mod, admission pipe, etc) when I bought them and they didn't have these problems. The one I have know isn't so my question is, should I derestrict it? Maybe it's just a carburator adjustment? What should I do?

Cheers,
    Gion

is I only do 2 things , Ride Dirt
    Bikes and Wanting to Ride Dirt
    bikes !!

any pictures of the bike
    T Bolt USA - Let's go riding!

All the top Pit Bikes, Engines and Parts for Pit bikes & Minis! Let us know if we can help!

Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - (704) T-BOLT-US - Skype: TBoltUSA

This user has no status.

I know a guy that has a 100cc engine that should fit in there that is basically brand new if interested...

Post a picture up so we can see what you have there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

For emissions reasons carb and exhaust may be restricted. Make sure carb is clean and no jets are plugged. You can change gearing, go up in the rear or down a tooth on the front to help going up hills however that would lower your top speed. 5k km is a decent amount of use for that motor, might be worth doing a compression test and throwing a cheap 88cc kit on it.

Sponsored Links