Almost no oil on intake valve rocker arm plenty on exhaust

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Almost no oil on intake valve rocker arm plenty on exhaust within the Chinese/Import Minis - General Discussion forums, part of the General Talk category; Hi all, I have Almost no oil on intake valve rocker arm but plenty on exhaust valve rocker. When I remove the valve covers for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Almost no oil on intake valve rocker arm plenty on exhaust

This user has no status.

Hi all,
    I have Almost no oil on intake valve rocker arm but plenty on exhaust valve rocker.
    When I remove the valve covers for intake there is hardly any sign of oil touching in it. Seems very dry.

But the cover for exhaust is full of oil.

So my oil pump is working oil is pumped to head but it's not lubrication intake rocker.

Engine in question is ducar dj 154fmi your from scrap yard.

I have another Chinese 88cc honda 70 clone and when intake valve cover is removed oil is squirting pretty fast. But on this ducar hardly few squirts that too at rpm above 5k.

Help what could be wrong?
    I cleaned the plate on head just above spark plug and replaced its gasket and nothing is blocked there.

Alao can someone share lubrication system diagram of these chondaz?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Bump

This user has no status.

Some of these engines require restrictor plates on the cam so it pressurizes oil a bit. It is a little cover that bolts on top of the cam gear that fits tightly against the bolt holding that cover on. My guess is that the issue isi there or in the right side cover where the oiling hole is blocked or restricted to the top rocker. Poke it through with some wire.
    lkhangee likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fatcaaat View Post
    Some of these engines require restrictor plates on the cam so it pressurizes oil a bit. It is a little cover that bolts on top of the cam gear that fits tightly against the bolt holding that cover on. My guess is that the issue isi there or in the right side cover where the oiling hole is blocked or restricted to the top rocker. Poke it through with some wire.
    I did cleaned all oil passages in the cam shaft cover plate so nothing is blocked all things seems factory fitted in that plate.

However I bought this engine in scrap.
    I m not sure of the camshaft cover belongs to this bike or not.

The boss in the plate that puts oil in the camshaft is shorter then what is available on most Chinese bikes.

Could it be that it's shorter and out is dribbling instead of pushing into the camshaft?

I heard long cam vs short cam

http://mefast.com/Schematics/70ccCam...sShortCam.html

I might order one with taller boss if that's the issue.

This user has no status.

I bought a new camshaft cover but out was different. It's boss was too tall and the cover was sticking out.

I m at loss why oil is not being pumped to camshaft?

This user has no status.

fatcaaat
    dirtbkr188
    I opened the clutch side and the oil filter screen is totally clogged up.

While I m trying to remove the oil pump to check for clearances i stripped the threads on one of the Phillips head screw.

So I don't know if I must open the oil pump. I got impact writing screw driver but never used one.

Please advise. I checked the plastic gear that drives the oil pump no crack in it and no teeth missing.

Last edited by lkhangee; 02-12-2017 at 10:41 AM.

This user has no status.

Why is Planet mini so silent?

Super Moderator
    is ...........................?

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by lkhangee View Post
    Why is Planet mini so silent?
    The app is not working.
    tmas

Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by tmas View Post
    The app is not working.
    tmas

Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
    I meant that no replies to the threads
    I wanted to tag you specifically for it luckily you hoped in can you please advise if above clogged filter screen will resolve my issue?
    I need to know the specs of that specific type of oil pump in case I need to open it.
    I m using Tapatalk.

This user has no status.

Appears that the metal layer on bearings that restrict oil movement (which is essentially oil pressure) is gone enough not to lets the oil move up the gallery. Basically gravity is just pulling it all down. Does it make any noise? I once ran a motor without oil fir a few laps. Screen looked like that and it still ran great. A side note. What is causing the witch hunt? If it's not making any noise or has anything indicative of certain failure, I wouldn't over think it. These things a super simple and sometimes defy reality mechanically speaking
    lkhangee likes this.

This user has no status.

I agree with Jason.

If there is no excess noise and no evidence of metal fretting (gray sludge) on rocker arm and surrounding area, I wouldn't worry about it. If there is enough oil, the rocker arm will look real clean.

This user has no status.

The screen looks pretty crappy but these thumpers are pretty dirty. They have loose tolerances, and operate in a very dirty environment. Add to that, those clingy motors have lbs (exaggeration) of casting flash and other miscellaneous junk spread throughout. Don't other think it and try to find a problem that very well at not exist.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jason04r1 View Post
    Appears that the metal layer on bearings that restrict oil movement (which is essentially oil pressure) is gone enough not to lets the oil move up the gallery. Basically gravity is just pulling it all down. Does it make any noise? I once ran a motor without oil fir a few laps. Screen looked like that and it still ran great. A side note. What is causing the witch hunt? If it's not making any noise or has anything indicative of certain failure, I wouldn't over think it. These things a super simple and sometimes defy reality mechanically speaking
    Agreed about them defying rationality . It was running like crap. And I continued to use it for a some time. Then it was impossible to start it. It's at that time I found the weak oil pressure. When I poured engine oil via the intake came shaft hole it started for a while and then stopped.

Seems I intercepted at correct time.
    I replaced the screen.

But I opened its head and cylinder I found that there was no dowel in between head and cylinder. The stud hole which holds the dowels are of different dia on head and cylinder.

Head takes 8mm outer dia dowels and cylinder takes 1mm of dowels. And further more the cylinder dowel hole swallows almost all the length of the dowl.

So I will do some work around for it.

Seeing this oddity first time.

Last edited by lkhangee; 02-19-2017 at 03:19 PM.

This user has no status.

Also it has different type of oil pump. Bit the one used in Honda horizontal engines.

It's running directly from the crankshaft unlike Honda one which is driver by a sprockets that runs off of timing chain.

But I

As shown in above picture. One thing which made me worry is that the sprocket that is connected to the cam shaft that drives the plastic sprockets of oil pump is rotating freely on the crankshaft it can rotate both clockwise and anticlockwise very easily.. Shouldn't it be binding that the shaft? There is a groove on the metal sprockets but no corresponding groove on the shaft.

Anyone can comment on it. I suspect it might be an issue of no oil pressure.

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

The sprocket that drives the oil pump sprocket gets locked down in place when you tighten up the nut that holds the clutch basket in place.

If you take your time, you can drill the head of the stripped oil pump bolt out with a 15/64" drill bit, going slow to just cut through the head enough that it separates from the threaded part. Use the impact to remove the other two screws and then you can remove the oil pump.
    lkhangee likes this.
    - dirtbkr188 -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links