Chinese wiring 125cc engine

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Chinese wiring 125cc engine within the Chinese/Import Minis - General Discussion forums, part of the General Talk category; Aloha everyone. First time posting and newbie to the Forum. I've searched and found some helpful information but I'm still confused. I have a total ...

This user has no status.

Aloha everyone. First time posting and newbie to the Forum. I've searched and found some helpful information but I'm still confused. I have a total of 10 wires coming from the engine. Five are bundle in a connector and the other five are loose. I've attached photos and really need help with this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170513_164413.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	210442Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170513_164441.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	210450

is I only do 2 things , Ride Dirt
    Bikes and Wanting to Ride Dirt
    bikes !!

one set is likley a gear indicator you wont need
    https://tboltusa.com/store/tech.php?...kely+wont+need
    T Bolt USA - Let's go riding!

All the top Pit Bikes, Engines and Parts for Pit bikes & Minis! Let us know if we can help!

Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - (704) T-BOLT-US - Skype: TBoltUSA

This user has no status.

What is your project?? What bike are you putting that motor into?

You could post pics of the existing wire harness from the bike too, and show the colors. We might be able to help you sort it out.

If your bike is a 6 volt model, and you're changing it over to 12v, it's going to take some work. If your bike is 12v, it should be pretty simple.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kirrbby View Post
    What is your project?? What bike are you putting that motor into?

You could post pics of the existing wire harness from the bike too, and show the colors. We might be able to help you sort it out.

If your bike is a 6 volt model, and you're changing it over to 12v, it's going to take some work. If your bike is 12v, it should be pretty simple.
    This project is from scratch. The engine is going into a cart. This engine is all I have so any help would be great on what other items I'll need. the engine is a electric start. Mahalo!

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

If you're planning on using the electric start, you're going to need a battery, a starter relay (solenoid), a voltage regulator/rectifier, a starter button, kill switch, ignition coil, and have to make your own wiring harness to tie everything together.
    If you're planning on using the kickstarter (if there is one), you'll really only need maybe 3 or 4 of those wires, along with a kill switch, ignition coil, and have to make a much more simplified wiring harness to get the engine to run.
    - dirtbkr188 -

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
    If you're planning on using the electric start, you're going to need a battery, a starter relay (solenoid), a voltage regulator/rectifier, a starter button, kill switch, ignition coil, and have to make your own wiring harness to tie everything together.
    If you're planning on using the kickstarter (if there is one), you'll really only need maybe 3 or 4 of those wires, along with a kill switch, ignition coil, and have to make a much more simplified wiring harness to get the engine to run.
    Dirtbkr - Mahalo for your reply. Yes I plan on using the starter. Is Tbolt a good source to purchase those items you mentioned? I'd like to use them since they also replied to my post and I guess they are a sponsor. What I gather thus far is the 5 wires on the connector would not be used to run the engine. The 5 loose wires is used for connecting the items you mentioned. When purchasing these items, are there anyone in particular, meaning are all starter relays on Tbolts site the same. Thanks again for all the input. Never thought this far in advance when I ordered the engine...lol

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

Yes, Vince at T-Bolt would be the guy to contact for your needs. He has an electric start wiring kit and harness with just about everything you would need to get you started.
    - dirtbkr188 -

Sponsored Links