PlanetMinis Forums

Anyone know who makes "Jackel" ATV engines?

This is a discussion on Anyone know who makes "Jackel" ATV engines? within the Chinese/Import Minis - General Discussion forums, part of the General Talk category; I was trying to figure out the origin of this 110cc four-stroke Jackel ATV engine. I found a site that carried parts for that unit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    is interested in internal
    combustion engines

Anyone know who makes "Jackel" ATV engines?

I was trying to figure out the origin of this 110cc four-stroke Jackel ATV engine. I found a site that carried parts for that unit and the pictures of the parts were in blisterpack cards labeled "Kazuma." Is this related to the Lifan/Zongshen/Loncin/Jailing often talked about around here?

This user has no status.

Re: Anyone know who makes "Jackel" ATV engines?

yea

combustion engines

Maybe my question wasn't specific enough.

Does anyone know if Jackel (Kazuma?) engines are actually Lifan, or Zongshen, or Loncin, or Jailing, or something else? And if so, which of these latter the Jackel (Kazuma?) engines are?

Is Kazuma a manufacturer in its own right, and not of these latter four at all?

This user has no status.

i have a jackel 110 ,i wonder how close it is to a xr 80 or 100 clone motor

combustion engines

The one I'm talking about has a horizontal cylinder like a Z50/CT70, not an upright XR-type engine. It's got that electric start housing on the left with the starter motor above the cylinder.

Banned
    This user has no status.

As far as I've seen, all the 86-107 (90-110) engines have interchangable parts. What do you need?

This user has no status.

I would guess loncin, they seem to do more with this type of product then anyone.
    Worlds largest aftermarket pit bike brand.
    Performance Products for Pit bikes, ATV's, UTV's

www.pitsterpro.com

Check us out on Instagram http://instagram.com/pitsterpro
    Check us out onn Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pitster1

USA MOTORTOYS / PITSTER PRO
    1459 West 40 South
    Lindon, Utah

combustion engines

Quote Originally Posted by firepower354
    As far as I've seen, all the 86-107 (90-110) engines have interchangable parts. What do you need?

Thanks guys. It's a motor in a trashed quad and I was wondering about swappability into a Z50 frame, or if the larger jug and head and piston could swap onto a 6V Honda 50/70 lower end. I thought initially this might be a cheap way to build a mellow torquey engine for my farm bike. But I don't know if I'm talking different cylinder stud spacing or oil passage shapes or rod lenght or if I'd have to swap cranks too or what. Or if the electric start sidecase could be swapped for one that didn't stick up like that (from my Honda parts engine). Or if I'd have to jerry-rig the Chinese electronic ignition in there or if I could just run a 6V stator and flywheel and points from the parts I've got here. I have zero experience with the Chinese motors...

Banned
    This user has no status.

The stud spacing's the same, but the jug is 69mm tall vs the Honda 63. Use the crank, studs, cam chain ($15 new one@DrATV), head, DrATV high comp 52.4mm piston and oil pump setup, in your Honda cases or a 12 set. Torque it up.

A cheap inner rotor should work for the ignition swap, and I'm sure some of the older motor guys () will know what else works for that part. You can run a 12v setup in your cases, but it takes a little grinding to clear the pickup.

combustion engines

Thanks, firepower354, that's helpful info and sounds encouraging overall; I'm going to have a closer look at it today now. If anyone can add anything about ignition options in a Chinese 110 top end on a Honda 6V bottom end, or if you can run old 6V ignition on a Chinese 110, I'm all ears...

Say, does your name come from being into old Chrysler hemis or something?

(edit: make that "chinese 110 top end on 6V honda bottom end with chinese crank")

Banned
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanyella

Say, does your name come from being into old Chrysler hemis or something?

Yup Have more of that crap than Honda 50 and XR75 stuff...

combustion engines

Old hemis are scary. Old hemi heads are heavy. But probably not as heavy as Cat 3208 heads.

I took a look at the Jackel engine today. I agreed to buy it for $30. It's shaft drive and has reverse, and the outer ignition cover is missing and apparently contained the stator, because the flywheel mounts hollow side out. But it's not seized and I suppose if I can harvest a usable crank, rod, piston, jug, head (marked E22), manifold and maybe carb I'll get my money's worth out of it.

Hell, I suppose I'll feel like I got my money's worth out of it if I just take it apart and find it trashed inside. I'd like to say I've seen inside the chinese version firsthand one way or the other.

Is an E22 head basically a Chinese clone of a 12V/long rod 70 head?

Banned
    This user has no status.

I have a pair of 331 heads in the back of my van right now. 70lbs each, bare. Weren't afraid to pour the metal, unlike the YX crankcase foundry

Shaft and reverse? Haven't run across that. Inside-out ignition is common on e-start motors, copies Honda. Toss it for a conventional setup. The e22 head is a lot like a 12v70 head, but uses the 3 bolt cam and different bearing diameters. Worth $30 on it's own. Port on most is better than the 70, and ported, makes a swell 88 econo race head, with a killer midrange. I hear. Pull the topend studs and camchain before you can the cases. Clutch and oil pump are stouter than 50 parts too.

combustion engines

I have a pair of 331 heads in the back of my van right now. 70lbs each, bare. Weren't afraid to pour the metal, unlike the YX crankcase foundry

Yeah, a high school buddy had a pair of either 354 or 392 heads in the basement, and I remember they were biiiiiiiiiiiiig and heavy. Don't know as I've ever seen a bare early hemi block but I bet it doesn't look much bigger than an SB chevy without the giant heads on it. At the time this was a peripheral curiosity though; we were mostly concerned with his TM400 Cyclone, like not letting it sneak up on us and kill us when we weren't looking.

Shaft and reverse? Haven't run across that.

Yep, a cable went into the top of the crankcase, near where the breather hose comes out and near the top motor mount bolt. Didn't pay much attention to where the operator end of the cable was. And the area where you'd expect to find a countershaft sprocket had a little cast aluminum 90-degree bevel box bolted there. I pick the thing up next week--had a load of animal feed in my rig today, so no room for it--and I'm curious to see what it looks like when I unbolt that bevel box.

The e22 head is a lot like a 12v70 head, but uses the 3 bolt cam and different bearing diameters. Worth $30 on it's own. Port on most is better than the 70, and ported, makes a swell 88 econo race head, with a killer midrange.

This pleases me. I'll spend some more time on the DrATV site trying to hammer the "what works with what" info into my mind a little better. 3-bolt cam? Is this interchangeable with a 6V cam...or are you talking actual bearings on the cam? In which case it would be sort of a mix of the two styles, peculiar to the Chinese motors?

I hear. Pull the topend studs and camchain before you can the cases. Clutch and oil pump are stouter than 50 parts too.

Thanks again for your input. I'm feeling better about this already.

Banned
    This user has no status.

Cam will look like:

"SHORT"_68MM LIFAN ZONGSHEN JINCHENG RACE_CAM (MOST_50_70_90CC) (200147)

...but don't write off the stocker. It's very similar to the "race" cam offered for stock Honda heads, and runs real well in that head.

The Chrysler block has a tall deck(like all Mopar's), but not much longer than a SBC. A little Firepower

Sets torque wrench to 100...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads