PlanetMinis Forums banner

how to make crf 50 street legal in illinois!

7K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  patback 
#1 ·
hey guys i have a crf 50 with a bbr perimeter frame on it. so it doesn't have a title or vin or anything. how would i go about making it street legal in illinois!?!?!?! (does any one know the loop holes or anything?)

THANKS,

brian

#7 ·
I've got a sunl dealership down the road from me that said he would sell me a wrecked street legal frame and paperwork for $40. He said it costs him more than that to have the frame and paperwork legitamitely destroyed. I figure a little serial number swapping and you're in business with no inspections or complicated paperwork. Check around..

#10 ·
traut811 said:
woah so according to that list, (i live in missouri), all i need is helmet, brakes, "handlebar height", and inspection!?! haha if thats right, im going riding when i get home:D (minus maybe the inspection i dont know how that ones gonna work out)

Wow!! you guys could throw a lawnmower engine on a bicycle and call it a motorcycle down there. :)

#15 ·
Fasttr110 said:
Im from illinois like 10 minutes from Joliet. Ive been wanting to legalize my TTR but i havent heard of anything being legal and ****ty illinois. My buddies dad is a state cop im gonna ask him next time i see him

well the way i look at it...if u follow that link i posted in the thread...you take it to inspection and pass... obviously title, insurance any dumb **** like that said and done, i GURANTEE you will always run into issues with it, without a doubt i bet cops will still pull you over, try to be *******s BUT if you have your paperwork what can they do, they give you a ticket go to court and fight it cuz ultimatley if you pass inspection have insurance and registration then...they r in the wrong..

well thats how i see it atleast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.