PlanetMinis Forums banner

Help with my new 2005 CRF 50 ???

1K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  bballard9606 
#1 ·
Just picked up my new CRF 50 last night. It was cold as all get out so it was hard to get it running but since its a HONDA i bought it anyways. I bought it knowing that it has a 88cc takegawa kit but i am not sure about the carb.

took apart the carb this morning and cleaned it but not sure what kind of carb it is. It has a takegawa intake manifold but am not sure about the jetting or where i can get info on the recommended jetting specs... but it has a bad bog when i crack the throttle.

i can get it to idle with the choke on but when i turn the choke off the rpms jump come down level off and then itll die.

any help would be greatly appreciated, new to the mini world and cant wait to get ridin

#9 ·
147crf50 said:
Just picked up my new CRF 50 last night. It was cold as all get out so it was hard to get it running but since its a HONDA i bought it anyways. I bought it knowing that it has a 88cc takegawa kit but i am not sure about the carb.

took apart the carb this morning and cleaned it but not sure what kind of carb it is. It has a takegawa intake manifold but am not sure about the jetting or where i can get info on the recommended jetting specs... but it has a bad bog when i crack the throttle.

i can get it to idle with the choke on but when i turn the choke off the rpms jump come down level off and then itll die.

any help would be greatly appreciated, new to the mini world and cant wait to get ridin

is it a stock head take 88 kit or a race head take 88 kit? stock head kits came with a 18mm kehien (sp? hey it's early) race head kits came with a 22mm kehein (sp?).

sounds like the carb needs cleaning , my 88 sat for a few weeks and gummed up bad (i left race gas in it)

#10 ·
"is it a stock head take 88 kit or a race head take 88 kit? stock head kits came with a 18mm kehien (sp? hey it's early) race head kits came with a 22mm kehein (sp?)"

not sure if it has a stock head or race head kit. Is there any way to tell what size carb is on there???

#20 ·
well i was workin on my nieghbors fiddie and his was having a reving down issue and a bog issue

i took the carb off and cleaned it (especially the jets) and when i went to tighten that screw that holds the pin for the float i tightened it just enough so it would stay but not so tight the pi couldnt move and i took the breather kit off and put the stock cap on and i fiddled with the air flow scew and fuel mixture screw till it was just rite but keep in mind his 50 is pretty much stock the motor is and the carb is so ur carb could be setup different

* oh and this was just last night and i took it out this morning and its in that sweet spot now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.