PlanetMinis Forums

HELP adjusting throttle limiter on stock CRF50

This is a discussion on HELP adjusting throttle limiter on stock CRF50 within the CRF50 forums, part of the General Talk category; I'm trying to adjust the throttle limiter on a stock 06 CRF 50. When i crank it down pretty far it will not start until ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

HELP adjusting throttle limiter on stock CRF50

I'm trying to adjust the throttle limiter on a stock 06 CRF 50. When i crank it down pretty far it will not start until i back it off. How do you keep it running and be able to turn this in so my son can ride. He is only 4 so I want to start off slow. I tried to adjust the idle screw but that does not seem to help.

I'm not sure if this is the problem but when I take out the screw and try to open the throttle up, there is a slight bog before the engine revs up.

Any suggestions?

is currently licking windows

Re: HELP adjusting throttle limiter on stock CRF50

your pilot jet is probably restricted.....it should start and run fine even with the throttle adjustment screw almost all the way in....has to be something going on in the carb either not getting enough fuel or getting too much and you always have to open the throttle up to get more air into the engine

This user has no status.

Being a newby here, what can I do to the carb if the pilot jet is possibly restricted?

Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Honda 2005 CRF50F CARBURETOR

go there for an exploded diagram....#15 and #2 is your main jet set...right beside where the main jet goes is a un-removable small brass tube...that is your pilot jet...use a little carb cleaner and compresswed air to make sure it is clear...you can remove it but it is pressed in and you could destroy it

This user has no status.

I took the carb apart on my 06 CRF 50 and clean it all out with carb cleaner. The bike will not run or start unless the choke is on and then will just bog down. This all started after I changed the plug (replaced with stock plug), oil and cleaned the filter.

I sprayed out all the lines and jets.

I should not have to use the choke at all in the summer. The bike is completely stock.

how many turns does the idle screw need to be.

stock around 1/4 turn out...around there

This user has no status.

Does anyone know on a stock 06 CRF 50 if the jets are adjustible. I heard the needle is not adjustible? I have adjusted the idle screw and still no luck with the bike running? Is there anywhere on web to find clear diagram or exploded view of carb? The bike will only start with choke on and then dies out?

still sounds like you have a plugged pilot jet

Super Moderator
    is Grateful...

Supporting Member

I don't believe the air/fuel mixture screw or the jet needle are adjustable on the stock '06 CRF50 carb. You're better off looking for an '03 and older carb, with the adjustable jet needle and an accessible air/fuel mixture screw.

And, as doops said, it sounds like the pilot jet circuit is still clogged.

This user has no status.

I have completely had this carb in pieces and cleaned every bit of it out and still have the same results. The bike will only start if the choke is all the way on and then just boggs down and dies. I took the carb up to my local bike shop and they blew out all the jets, valves and set the factory settings on the idle and air screw.

At this point I may just buy a new carb. What is the best place to find a good carb for a stock 06 CRF 50?

One question I still have is the pilot. (small brass tube next to the main). I watched the bike shop spray cleaner through and it came out the front of the carb. is there a screen at the top of this pilot. I have a small piece of piano wire and cleaned out all the jets and valves but the pilot does not let the wire down in the tube, but once again watched the bike shop clean it out? Very frustrated, any help is appreciated. My little guy is getting mad cuz he can't ride his new bike.

It is still possible that the pilot is clogged...a small granuel of sand will screw your world up......I cannot remember if you can pull the pilot out like the older carbs...I think it is pressed in...yeah..too bad you did not have another carb

This user has no status.

Do you know where to buy a new aftermarket carb? I noticed a bunch on EBAY for around $35 to $50 but not sure about them?

Also what can you use to adjust the air/fuel screw on this carb? It is a gold screw but is "D" shaped on the end. Needs special tool. Thanks for all your help.

I think if you are going to get a carb, I would get a pre-"06 carb..REAL HONDA...they have the removable pilot jets....I do not know about a special tool,,,all my carbs are pre-'06....carbs on egay are hit or miss...I will check but I do not know if I have a spare real Honda carb or not....you may request one on here in the parts wanted section....alot of times peeps are modding their rides and will have a stock carb for a good price

This user has no status.

If you were to buy on EBAY what would you look for? There are so many I have no idea. Is there any out there for stock motor and throttle cable that will boost performance?

if your engine is stock, the stock carb is best......sometimes you can get lucky and get a china carb that is worth a poo....you will need a small carb...under 18mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads