PlanetMinis Forums banner

CRF 50 88cc kit question

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  crf50kid309 
#1 ·
what is the best 88cc kit for a 50 using the stock head... i know bbr is real good but i was looking at trail bikes and it seemed a little too cheap to be good... just looking for some opinions thanks

#4 ·
#5 ·
ollacolla13 said:
i haven't seen a kitaco kit yet... where do you get most of your parts?

i know most of the sites but im sure theres some good sites i don't know of yet

Take a look at CHPUSA.net,they have alot of bbk's anywhere from $250 to $$$$.I know alot of guys like the TB kits but i dont care for the china kits,GO JAPAN!!! WOO HOO! lol.

#9 ·
In a stock-head, steel-sleeved 88 kit, don't be misled in to thinking the "Japanese" brands are actually made in Japan... You may even notice VERY similar castings between a few. The TB has a domed piston vs the flat or dished of the other. Feel free to spend the extra money for fancy packaging and designer labels, but don't expect better performance or longevity;)

#18 ·
CMS92 said:
Take a look at CHPUSA.net,they have alot of bbk's anywhere from $250 to $$$$.I know alot of guys like the TB kits but i dont care for the china kits,GO JAPAN!!! WOO HOO! lol.

Trailbikes kits are made in Taiwan. Kitaco and Takegawa's kits are made in Taiwan and some now made in China.

Whomever shared information with you that Traibikes engine parts for the CRF50 are chinese is mistaken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.