Stocker Build Help

PlanetMinis Forums

Stocker Build Help

This is a discussion on Stocker Build Help within the CRF50 forums, part of the General Talk category; So I am building my stocker motor up in a sense and need some input/advice...heres what ive got stock head but will be ported and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

So I am building my stocker motor up in a sense and need some input/advice...heres what ive got

stock head but will be ported and polished

Powroll hi comp 39mm piston(13:1)

TB race cam for stock head(idk if I will use it though its just collecting dust so i wonder if itd work)

Yosh TRS pipe

Uni air filter but stock carb

1. Should I use the stock cam or tb cam?

2. Stock carb will still work? What jetting should I use?

is If you're not first, you're
    last

i think portin and polishing stock head on a stock motor would make it so there isnt any power i think i read something like taht on here

This user has no status.

that makes no sense tho all your doing is allowing more air flow in and out and when accompanied with a high comp piston and an exhaust and whatnot it should help a lot i would think. I will ask some engine builders and see

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

use the cam...get the stock carb ported as well

This user has no status.

u mean the intake only right? so just use a stock carb? im wondering what jets to use or where to start even...i bought a tb cam so hopefully mike can answer me

This user has no status.

this is what you need. cuz the carb is gonna restrict alot of power

http://planetminis.com/community/top...egas-mod-carb/

get that ported and the intake matched .

Im not sure on jetting tho

This user has no status.

sounds good thats what ill do...its not for vegas or any racing just for the hell of it kinda thing i did. goes on my stunt bike no racing but buddy has an 88 and i dont wanna put an 88 on my bike. Mike said to put the cam in but I need to make sure the valves wont hit the piston dome.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by trtr013 View Post
    So I am building my stocker motor up in a sense and need some input/advice...heres what ive got

TB race cam for stock head(idk if I will use it though its just collecting dust so i wonder if itd work)

Yosh TRS pipe

I used to run the 15:1 powroll, and l didn't feel a difference on my arse dyno, so l sold it and went back to stock and sold the expensive powroll piston.

The TB cam is good and cheap, takegawa better and Crower better again

Yoshi pipe to big for 50cc, mod your stock pipe and invest somewhere else.

Uni filter helps with stock carb, but a 17mm carb makes a big difference

Takegawa 3sp gears makes a massive difference and you'll have change left over from your pipe

Get the pro pack of poweroll washers to let your clutch engage at higher rpm.

Porting your head will also help.

Have a look at your gearing aswell to suit your ride area.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by trtr013 View Post

Yosh TRS pipe

I interested in seeing if the TB race cam for stock head would work also. I have one laying around and im going to try it out in my wifes 50. Would this make more power? Ive heard that you would get some better low end but you would lose your top end speed, is this true?

is a slow rider on a fast bike

the TB cam makes a very noticeable difference on the mid-top end, and you can't really tell the difference on the low-end. I am running stock carb,jet, and pipe. My spark plug reads fine. Just install the cam and piston and turn the engine over by hand to see if anything touches. I'm pretty sure the cam makes more of a difference than the piston.

You should also do the IRK or ORK. I have the cheap china IRK and it made the engine a good bit more responsive, and its still running perfect. I'm almost certain that the Pitster Pro daytona style ORK will work on the stock honda motor as well.

This user has no status.

Nah the yosh pipe is the way to go i love that thing. Im going to port the head, intake and carb. I have a kitaco IRK lying around but every engine builder i talked to said dont run it if Im not racing it. Besides dirt still scares the crap outta me lol... Johnny this thing is seriously a fricken money pit. Thankfully i find great deals on parts. I was going to put the IRK and other parts on the 124 build but since the cases cracked idk maybe I will toss the IRK on the stock motor. If not i got a takegawa 88 motor on the shelf that i may put it in. IDK the tb cam may go in either motor IDK yet...

is a slow rider on a fast bike

did they give you a reason why you wouldn't wanna run the IRK? A track opened right next to my shop a few weeks ago so i think all we're gonna be doing is racing dirt. Neither of my bikes have any stunt parts on them anymore. Although I'm thinking about having a motard set for my modded 50 just to see what kind of stoppies I can do. My 600RR and 450X haven't been ridden in months. My gixxer has been in pieces in my garage for like 3 years....

This user has no status.

didnt know u had a 600rr...your poor 450 and i didnt know u still had ur gixxer...i got my fiddy and idk to go to a track its so far away. Im thinkn of having a setup for dirt just to ride on trails and the track if we ever go but always will keep the stunt stuff. I just started ridding fiddy again last week for first time in 2 yrs but no big bikes in like 2.5yrs but mainly havent ridden since my 954 in hawaii i miss that bike...

back to topic though. Now i have to run 108 race fuel it says for the new piston kit. I just didnt wanna run the IRK cause it makes the bike rev much faster and then i lose all bottom end and torque that i want. Thats the reason ive always kept my stock flywheel.

got any stunt parts or stock cylinder, rear wheel for a fiddy?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    did they give you a reason why you wouldn't wanna run the IRK? A track opened right next to my shop a few weeks ago so i think all we're gonna be doing is racing dirt. Neither of my bikes have any stunt parts on them anymore. Although I'm thinking about having a motard set for my modded 50 just to see what kind of stoppies I can do. My 600RR and 450X haven't been ridden in months. My gixxer has been in pieces in my garage for like 3 years....

IRK kit gives less engine braking, and makes the bike more twitchy which makes stunting a little harder.

I still stunt with my stage 3 88cc honda trail bikes setup with a IRK kit and 4 speed, but it makes it harder for my friends to control, and make some tricks a little harder.

Going to a 108cc now so that'll be a new thrill for stunting lol

is Mooie compounds 2016 edit

50cc tuning is all top end they dont have the torque to pull so its needs to be kept in the higher rpm range when racing

every mod you do will be top end power

high lift cam

bigger carb

hi comp piston

head porting/polishing

your street riding and you need torque to pull the front up from a low rpm range

your waisting your money unless you race 50cc class, keep it 50cc but somewhat stock for smooth power for stunt riding

stock exhaust is proven to be best for 50cc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links