Spec 50 Class Performance help...

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Spec 50 Class Performance help... within the CRF50 forums, part of the General Talk category; So my friends and I have what we call a Spec CRF50 class... Friend has land and about 8-10 of us get together and set ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ndubstuntz420
  • 2 Post By 57HotrodVW

Thread: Spec 50 Class Performance help...

This user has no status.

So my friends and I have what we call a Spec CRF50 class... Friend has land and about 8-10 of us get together and set up a track with the tractor and race CRF50s.

So far our spec class allows an upgraded shock spring.. I am pulling for gearing change to be added to the rules.. till then, I need help making sure my 50 is running as strong as possible with all the bone stock parts.

This means stock air cleaner and stock pipe with spark arrestor. I need to know the lowest friction oil, the best carb settings, any tips or tricks reducing drag on the brakes and chain... I already run enough air in the tires to not be able to push you thumb in the tire.

I am thinking about sand bagging a little and modding the ignition pickup to advance the timing, maybe pulling the middle layer from the head gasket, and removing the screen from the air box.

Looking for anything that outside the box that will help while appearing stock and not being such a huge power increase that I get called out.... I am just the biggest guy there and definitely suffer from size. I know putting down the cheeseburgers would be the best way to recover lost performance, but we are in Oklahoma... thats not an option... We must keep our title of fatest state.

is twist the wrist too feel the
    bliss

if its a stock spec class and with friends why you trying to sceam? work on your riding instead of cheating.... remove your brakes so you have no choice but too ball the turns and keep your momentum moving
    mini mullisha likes this.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ndubstuntz420
    if its a stock spec class and with friends why you trying to sceam? work on your riding instead of cheating.... remove your brakes so you have no choice but too ball the turns and keep your momentum moving
    Hahahaha that's awesome !

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

you could do the head gasket mod. maybe move up on your main jet and try to squeeze a little more fuel in? higher quality fuel as well, since your so limited.

This user has no status.

I am just trying to level the field. I am not talking about pulling around them in the straights... I'm trying to keep them in range on the straights. I am 6'4" and the smallest is 5'8"ish, there is a huge weight difference. Especially if the ground is soft... I may as well not even load the bike and head over. The turns is the only place I have a chance... I can run it into the corner harder than most of them and make up a little time, but then they pull away.

Thanks for the tips crawdawg, I will mess with that.

is working on the bling-bling!

Quote Originally Posted by importcars View Post
    ...I am 6'4" and the smallest is 5'8"ish, there is a huge weight difference. Especially if the ground is soft... I may as well not even load the bike and head over. The turns is the only place I have a chance...
    Sounds like you need a hired gun...

is TMGP #78

replace all the bearings in the motor an the wheel bearings with ceramic bearings

port the carb & remove the choke

cam

head gasket mod

lighten flywheel

advance timing

This user has no status.

Change the front sprocket to get it screaming & never let off. Cant see it.
    Or go w a 4 speed lol sneaking around w an extra gear & there closer so more power for u.

is the faster i go the faster i
    crash

Put a 70 head on , port it and nobody will ever know

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSStR_999 View Post
    Put a 70 head on , port it and nobody will ever know
    Those that are looking will note the different casting id on it...

This user has no status.

Update...

No sand bagging.... yet... haha. a fresh air filter and raising the needle (It was the second from the top, now it is second from the bottom) resulted in a considerable performance gain. Now, as obvious and stupid as this sounds, a friend mentioned the good ole throttle stop screw. DUH for got to check that. While it wasn't limiting it much, it was allowed to open the throttle just a little more.

I do like the idea of a hired gun. Maybe Pastrana will reply soon to my request.... Although it may be obvious its not me when he back flips.

Have not been able to run it against the others yet for a proper comparison, but the assometer feels the gains... very technical and highly calibrated.

I still plan to advance the timing, hoping for a little more.

is Mooie compounds 2016 edit

i hear ya im also 6'4" and i cant ride stock 50s very well at all more the size than the power, you need to learn to keep the rpm high so that means wide open all the time keep your corner speed and your do fine.
    you could run a takegawa close ratio trans this helps lots. other than that the only thing you could do is 13 tooth front sproket maybe a little port work

This user has no status.

Agree with Mooie, put in the takegawa cr 3 speed gears

Sponsored Links