bbr handlebar kit install problem

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on bbr handlebar kit install problem within the CRF50 forums, part of the General Talk category; just purchased bbr handle kit... bars, mount, extended cables ect... having problems with the throttle cable fitting correctly. Bike is completely stock and is band ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

just purchased bbr handle kit... bars, mount, extended cables ect... having problems with the throttle cable fitting correctly. Bike is completely stock and is band new. I have it installed in the throttle tube assembly correctly paying attention to plastic slide guide. It's almost like the throttle cable is to short. It does not fit into the carb slide correctly. Anyone ever have this problem or any ideas how to fix this....

This user has no status.

I find it easier to install the carb side of the cable first then connect it to the throttle and then bolt the throttle mount to the handlebars.

This user has no status.

I have also tried that. The cable doesn't even go through the throttle...if I would get it on the cable on wouldnt the bike be at almost full throttle?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

I have all the adjustment screws on the throttle cable adjusted all the way in. I can get the throttle cable on the throttle tube and carb slide but just barely. When I roll the throttle I don't have that much movement and is tight. Tied to start the bike and it idles very high. double checked everything and carb slide is installed correctly in carb. Prb going to try to give bbr a call Monday morning.....

This user has no status.

Keep in mind that some aftermarket throttles have a very short range of movement (can't recall what that is called). I recently installed a Protaper kit and the amount of throttle movement on the Protaper throttle is only about 1/3 of the stock.

With that said, there should be an adjustment nut on the cable somewhere. The nut is used to adjust the cable length of the cable housing. In your case check to make sure the part the bolt screws down in is screwed all the way down. This should shorten the cable sheath length. Hope that makes sense.

This user has no status.

Look for something that looks like this.

This user has no status.

Yes in understand the 1\4 turn throttle just feels very tight. Just doubled checked no adjustments anywhere on the cable other than the throttle screw in adjustment at the twist throttle.

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

Are you using the BBR throttle cable and carb cap that came with the kit, or the stock Honda throttle cable and carb cap?
    - dirtbkr188 -

This user has no status.

Using bbr throttle cable and carb cap that came with the kit. I see the picture and I have the throttle cable adjusted all the way in. Still doesn't fit right. I also installed the throttle cable in the carb and not hooking up the throttle tube and started the bike. The engine will idle basically normal just a little low. I figured low because I don't have any tension on the throttle cable. I just don't get why the cable is so short. The part number on the cable is 510-hxr-5102

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

And you're sure the cable end at the carb cap is fully seated? When you had the cable hooked to the carb but not to the tube, did you try and pull on the cable with your fingers, to see if it was working properly?
    - dirtbkr188 -

This user has no status.

Im pretty sure. I followed bbr directions . I would spin slid until it drops down into carb. Yes when I would pull the throttle cable with my fingers it would rev up like normal. I'm going to attempt to upload some pictures....

This user has no status.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170305_200038.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	203369
    That's what the slide looks like with throttle tube hooked up

This user has no status.

Name:	20170305_200059.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	203377

That's with the adjustment completely adjusted all the way in. There is no slack in throttle cable.

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

You're aware that the beveled bottom edge of the throttle slide goes toward the back of the carb, towards the airbox end, right? Also keep in mind that the stock throttle slide is only 1-1/8" tall, and it doesn't take much to open it up to WFO.
    It looks as though you have everything assembled correctly, after you reinstall the slide into the carb throat, take a picture from the back of the carb, to see if the slide is going all the way down and bottoming out in the carb.
    - dirtbkr188 -

This user has no status.

Name:	20170305_205320.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	203385

Name:	20170305_205335.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	203393
    pretty sure that's how it goes. I have the throttle cable routed left side of frame goes through factory holder and up through triple clamp. when I turn the bars side to side the rpm goes up higher. I don't have any more adjustment on throttle cable at throttle tube already maxed all the way in. (Pic a couple post above)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links