PlanetMinis Forums banner

2017 Crf 50 Piranha 140 HELP!!!

8K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeepster1129 
#1 ·
Hey guys I recently got a bike I'm building for the road, it's a 2017 Crf 50 with a Piranha 140cc. I have everything done but ran into a few issues.

The rear brake lever is resting on the case.

Foot peg mount doesn't work, it would with spacers but don't want to go that route and also not wide enough.

Any ideas of what I could get to fix the issues?

#9 ·
I just ordered a piranha 140 as well for my 50 and was wondering what jetting and carb are you running. Im trying to get some baseline jetting tips on that 22mm carb it comes with but no luck . All i find is jetting for the mikuni vm26. Sorry for hijacking your thread but some help would be appreciated..thanks.

#12 ·
I don't get my motor and peg mount delivered until tomorrow. so I don't know yet how that's gonna look and fit. But ill post back once i fit everything. Are you running stock jetting? I ordered a 17.5 pilot and 100-110 jets. I read somewhere that 105-107.5 is the sweetspot for the main jet.

#14 ·
Ideally, you would want an over-the-top brake pedal for drum brakes, but I'd be really hard pressed to tell you who makes one nowadays. If you can't rebend the stock pedal to work for you, you might have to fabricate something up on your own, using the stock pedal as a base to work from.

#19 ·
im still working on jetting. But damm this motor is ridiculous in this little frame.it feels like its gonna rip my arms off..It put the biggest smile on my face. So much more fun than my 88 RH. Random People walking heard my bike and couldn't believe it was this little pip squeak making all that noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.