PlanetMinis Forums banner

Texas Mini National TRACK IDEAS!

2K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  High Maintenance 
#1 ·
What would everybody like the track obsticals to be at the mini national this year? The track layout has been decided, but I don't think that the jumps have been necessarily. Let's hear/see everyones TRACK IDEAS, and try to get an appropriate track built for the national race! Post drawings, pics, whatever! If everyone has to race on a re-faced version of what is there now, it will be dissapointing especally for the people who are driving a very long distance. IMO. Who wants to race minis on a supercross style track built for 250f & 450f's?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
First off, 70% of the riders that are comming are going to be amatures, so therefore, they arent going to enjoy 60 foot doubles and etc... The pros, who cares what they want, they can ride just about anything. So what im getting at is, we need to make it fun for the amatures so it will be fun for everyone.

Personally, the track layout is about right, some might think it needs to be longer, some may think it needs to be shorter....cant please everyone. The main focus needs to be on MAKING IT FUN FOR EVERYONE. Im sure theres going to be amatures coming from the east and west coast, I dont think they will want to drive 1500 miles to a whooped out arenacross track.

Remember.....its a "MINI BIKE RACE"

Thats my 2 cents

Thanks, Daniel

#5 ·
Here is the thing, with so many different age classes and ability levels the track has to low consiquince high fun. One of the things about the TSR track and the Vegas Mini Moto track is that was caseable. If you went for a jump and did not make it, chances are you could still ride through it. The way the layout is now from what I can see, is if you got pushed wide on the double section you would be forced to jump the bigger lip possibly over jumping the section. Lipped tables, step ups, step downs, camel backs, these jumps are all rewarding for more advanced riders and less threatening to beginner riders. That is why you see BMX tracks built that way, so the Pros can sky the big jumps and the less experienced riders can either roll or short them without getting hurt.

#7 ·
trailpimp33 said:
Here is the thing, with so many different age classes and ability levels the track has to low consiquince high fun. One of the things about the TSR track and the Vegas Mini Moto track is that was caseable. If you went for a jump and did not make it, chances are you could still ride through it. The way the layout is now from what I can see, is if you got pushed wide on the double section you would be forced to jump the bigger lip possibly over jumping the section. Lipped tables, step ups, step downs, camel backs, these jumps are all rewarding for more advanced riders and less threatening to beginner riders. That is why you see BMX tracks built that way, so the Pros can sky the big jumps and the less experienced riders can either roll or short them without getting hurt.

Couldn't agree more with this! Great Job.

#8 ·
how about a mini version of cooperland raceway, it's pretty open, huge monster tables, a few doubles that can be rolled if needed, huge step ups (could be triple), tight corners, but not very much distance from one thing to the next so all the slow guys on monster motors can't pull everybody. :) and maybe a whoop section like vegas ? the TSR track last year was like...ride forever pinned in 4th, hit a giant roller tables thing, corner, pinn it for ever again in 4th and hit another roller thingy table, pinn it forever hit a corner, hit the only technical thing on the entire course, and proceed to pin it again to the whoops, then pin it........def won't show who has more skill

#15 ·
I do not want a track with big jumps and bumps. They tend to give me lots of lumps. I want a track thats smooth and flat. Those are easier to ride because I'm fat. Yes smooth and flat is where its at. No No to kickers, deep whoops and ruts. To ride a track like that takes to much guts.

#17 ·
Crippler said:
I do not want a track with big jumps and bumps. They tend to give me lots of lumps. I want a track thats smooth and flat. Those are easier to ride because I'm fat. Yes smooth and flat is where its at. No No to kickers, deep whoops and ruts. To ride a track like that takes to much guts.

Way better than Roz. You get one of those little blue ribbons from middle school for that one.

#18 ·
Here is a great idea. Has anyone emailed or called the promoter of the track to find out what it is going to be like? Sure the layout is on the website, good, now you know what the layout is going to look like and you can prepare yourself for it. You NEVER build an entire track for the pro class unless it is AMA SX or AX. This sounds like a bunch of whining about what it might be or could be.

#19 ·
Actually we rode the track this weekend(well I just watched). So we know what its like, and how the flow of the track is. Sure they will re-face it the week of. There is no reason to do so now because it would just get beat up before the race. But you can tell now how its gonna be with its current layout. And after seeing it in person, it needs not only re-faced, but possibly re-designed just a little to make it have a flow. For all I know that could already be the plan.

#21 ·
I think we all should be happy there is a big mini race and quit worrying about the darn track. Riders who constanly Bit$% about tracks are wossies. Wether the track is lame or to to advanced for those who can't hang should just go out and have fun and race the track. Tracks are supposed to be challanging, not easy like most people like em'. So I say make the whoops deep and long and make some nice rythem sections that have a lot of different combinations for different skill levels. No tabletops, those are a waste of dirt!! A nice step on step off wouod be nice too, but that would be askin a lot..lol See ya boys there and start practicing

#23 ·
scoot73 said:
How's this?

I am not racing this race but that looks like a great layout but I seriously doubt that they will be willing to completely chop up their existing track for one event sure it is a national but still most mx tarcks arent showing very much respect to the mini riders so what I am getting at is even though this is a national the track owners may just be thinking hey these dumb mini riders are going to get what they get and like it because why should we bust our a$$ for some pit bikes. I know it is sh1tty and I dont agree with it at all but it may be the reality of the situation. Hope it all works out good for everyone racing this event:grin:.

#24 ·
RcWannabe said:
I am not racing this race but that looks like a great layout but I seriously doubt that they will be willing to completely chop up their existing track for one event sure it is a national but still most mx tarcks arent showing very much respect to the mini riders so what I am getting at is even though this is a national the track owners may just be thinking hey these dumb mini riders are going to get what they get and like it because why should we bust our a$$ for some pit bikes. I know it is sh1tty and I dont agree with it at all but it may be the reality of the situation. Hope it all works out good for everyone racing this event:grin:.

Do you know Russell? hahahahaha

That is probably what will happen. Before and after the race is over, it will be easier to just reface what is there.

I hope that the mini riders will get enough respecet to get an appropriate track built for this mini national!

We will soon see. Either way its about doing the best that you can, and having fun.

#25 ·
DNRCustoms said:
I think we all should be happy there is a big mini race and quit worrying about the darn track. Riders who constanly Bit$% about tracks are wossies. Wether the track is lame or to to advanced for those who can't hang should just go out and have fun and race the track. Tracks are supposed to be challanging, not easy like most people like em'. So I say make the whoops deep and long and make some nice rythem sections that have a lot of different combinations for different skill levels. No tabletops, those are a waste of dirt!! A nice step on step off wouod be nice too, but that would be askin a lot..lol See ya boys there and start practicing

The whoops that are there are fun yet still easy. There is a step-on/step-off but it is impossible on mini. It is sketchy on a big bike even. Same thing but a little smaller with maybe a nice double after it. The double/double/double at the top is fine, just needs to be re-faced and the faces need to be the same height all the way across so there is room to race and use the whole track. The big "triple" could be made into a nice rhythm section with maybe a step on step off in it and an option to double over or something. Make the berms where you can actually use them because right now they are pretty flat. The track can still be challenging.

And again, the complaint was never the fact that the track was challenging. The complaint was that the track was nearly un-raceable and probably a huge let-down to the guys that traveled a good ways. I talked with Justin at CHP and it was already suggested to the track owner that the track needed a re-design and he apparently didnt take that too kindly. This asking for suggestions on changing up the track design is brand new though so maybe the track owner listened to our suggestions and is going to actually let us do some work on the design. With a little work we could have the best pitbike race around for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.