PlanetMinis Forums

Mike Coe (Coeshow) parts

This is a discussion on Mike Coe (Coeshow) parts within the Honda CRF150R And CRF150F forums, part of the General Talk category; OK, just tried yet another 150F engine combo. This time, using Mike Coe's piston, headwork, and cam. This thing rocks. The bike has power everywhere. ...

This user has no status.

Mike Coe (Coeshow) parts

OK, just tried yet another 150F engine combo. This time, using Mike Coe's piston, headwork, and cam. This thing rocks. The bike has power everywhere.

Mike was a pleasure to deal with. He was very helpfull. He has also actualy tested a lot of different parts and tested his combinations with different carbs and exhausts.

If you want the best, he is deffinately the way to go

This user has no status.

Re: Mike Coe (Coeshow) parts

I've tried emailing him, through his site since he doesn't have a phone number listed, but haven't had any luck with a response. I want to do the complete 223cc conversion to my 150F....I'll wait a few more days and if I don't get anything I'll have to go a different route.

is out of business

Quote Originally Posted by Airmaxx23
    I've tried emailing him, through his site since he doesn't have a phone number listed, but haven't had any luck with a response. I want to do the complete 223cc conversion to my 150F....I'll wait a few more days and if I don't get anything I'll have to go a different route.

Airmaxx, shoot him an e-mail at: coeshow@sbcglobal.net

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackin280h
    Airmaxx, shoot him an e-mail at: coeshow@sbcglobal.net

I sent an inquiry through the site asking about the 188cc conversion and he got back to me, through the email address you listed above, about the 223cc kit for about the same cost. I replied asking about total cost and turn around time but have not gotten a reply yet.

This user has no status.

It's been 4 days and still nothing back from him at all...I'll try emailing him again using a different email address and give it a bit more time.

He's finally gotten in touch with me...

This user has no status.

I wanted to try Mike's 150F cam as well so I e-mailed him the part number and price that I got off of HIS OWN WEBSITE. He said he hadn't advertised that price for years and wondered where I found that price??? I then e-mailed back asking for the correct price and he never answered me back.

After numerous e-mails it was apparent that he was not interested in helping me so I bought the BBR 175 Big bore kit with no problems. I just got my bored cylinder back today and will be installing the kit over the weekend. I am hoping it will wake the bike up. It is fun to ride now but a little more power will be great.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 87Pitracer
    I wanted to try Mike's 150F cam as well so I e-mailed him the part number and price that I got off of HIS OWN WEBSITE. He said he hadn't advertised that price for years and wondered where I found that price??? I then e-mailed back asking for the correct price and he never answered me back.

After numerous e-mails it was apparent that he was not interested in helping me so I bought the BBR 175 Big bore kit with no problems. I just got my bored cylinder back today and will be installing the kit over the weekend. I am hoping it will wake the bike up. It is fun to ride now but a little more power will be great.

Let me know how it goes, performance wise. I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

This user has no status.

I just got everything together and tried it for the first time. You definitely must have a valve spring compression tool or you cannot install the stiffer springs. I can tell there is more bottom end, but it is cutting out real bad on the top end so I can't tell anythign yet. I hope to do some jetting work this weekend.

This user has no status.

Thanks for the info...keep us posted on how things go.

This user has no status.

I finally got some time to do jetting and needle adjustments. I have an old XR200 carb and I went from a 125 main to a 140 main and that seems about right. I also have a 50 main jet so it is way bigger than stock. I also have an aftermarket pipe. I can definitley tell a difference down low, but not as much topped out. My buddy has a 150R and I can keep up with him better than in the past when pulling up hills, but his top end is still way faster. Overall the bike is faster and more fun to ride and that's what it is all about. For us big guys though a 190-200CC kit would really be about right - they just cost too much for me.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmaxx23
    I sent an inquiry through the site asking about the 188cc conversion and he got back to me, through the email address you listed above, about the 223cc kit for about the same cost. I replied asking about total cost and turn around time but have not gotten a reply yet.

188cc kit is for the 2005 and earlier bikes and the 225 kits (223) are for 06 and newer bikes. They have a diff engine that allows a bigger cc. Although the 188cc bikes absolutely fly and I believe are faster than the 223cc kitted bikes.

The 188cc with cam, and pipe has about 18+ hp. Stock is about 10hp. With "power up mods" it's about 12.5hp.

I'm tempted to do is 188cc kit, although having to have your cases bored is kind of a pain - for now I have a 175cc kit to bolt on...

Mike

Ads