PlanetMinis Forums

About Swingarm Crf150R

This is a discussion on About Swingarm Crf150R within the Honda CRF150R And CRF150F forums, part of the General Talk category; Hi everybody!! I´m looking for a second hand CRF 150R (16-19) and I found this information: November 2008 IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE Dear CRF150R (Standard ...

This user has no status.

Hi everybody!!

I´m looking for a second hand CRF 150R (16-19) and I found this information:

November 2008

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Dear CRF150R (Standard Wheel) or CRF150RB (Large Wheel) Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Act.

What is the reason for this notice?

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is conducting a safety recall of certain 2007-2008 model year Honda CRF150R/RB motorcycles. Our records indicate that you own one of these motorcycles.

What is the problem?

A defect may exist in the weld on the right side of the swingarm. Under certain riding conditions, the weld could crack and the swingarm could fail and lead to a crash in which the rider could be severely injured.

What should you do?

Honda recommends that you do not ride your CRF150R/RB until the swingarm has been replaced. If you must ride before the swingarm is replaced, inspect the right side weld before each ride and avoid hard jump landings or other big impacts to the rear suspension. If there is any evidence of a crack, DO NOT RIDE.

Replacement swingarms for the CRF150RB (Large Wheel) will begin to ship during mid-November. Replacement swingarms for the CRF150R (Standard Wheel) will start to ship starting in January 2009. CRF150R (Standard Wheel) customers will receive a second letter starting in January, advising when they can contact their dealer to schedule the repair. The swingarm will be replaced free of charge.

AFFECTED WELD

To properly inspect the swingarm weld, first thoroughly clean the surface of the weld. Look closely as any crack will first start out small. Use of a magnifying glass may improve your ability to see small cracks.

WARNING:

The swingarm weld could fail and affect the rider’s ability to control the motorcycle. This can lead to a crash in which the rider could be seriously injured or killed.

Do not ride your CRF150R/RB until the swingarm has been replaced.

Who to contact for help:

Your Honda selling or servicing dealer. Should you need assistance in locating a Honda dealer, please visit our website at http://powersports.honda.com

Who to contact if you experience problems:

If you are not satisfied with the service you receive from your Honda dealer, you may write to:

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Motorcycle Customer Support

Mail Stop 100-4C-7B

1919 Torrance Blvd.

Torrance, CA 90501-2746

(866) 784-1870

What to do if you previously paid for a repair that is now qualified under this recall:

Please complete the attached reimbursement form and mail it to Motorcycle Customer Support at the address above.

What to do if you feel this notice is in error:

This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available. If you no longer own this motorcycle, or some information in this notice is incorrect, please fill out and return the included, postage-paid Information Change Card. This will help us to update our records.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your CRF150R/RB purchase and your cooperation.

Sincerely,

AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC.

Motorcycle Division

Support

Frequently Asked Questions

Product Recall Information

Honda Protection Plan

Getting Started

Site Map

Contact Us

.Home Support Product Recalls IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE - Certain 2007-2008 model year Honda CRF150R/RB motorcycles My FavoritesShopping ToolsSupport.

Do someone knows about this problem? Is it only in the USA or in Europe too? Has Someone this problem?

Thank you!!

This user has no status.

Yes, this recall is common knowledge among us 150r owners. I purchased a used 150r last year. I simply called my local dealer and gave them the VIN off my bike. They told me the recall had not been performed on my bike and set me up an appointment to have it done at no cost. They said it was a safety issue so the recall would be done free of charge even though I was technically the third owner of the bike.

PS, I've never seen a post or heard of anyone who actually had one fail. There is also a camshaft recall on the 07 models.

This user has no status.

Ok!!

Thank you very much. I´ve never seen a post with this problem too...

This user has no status.

Hi!!

I have any other question!!!

I´m talking with a man who tell me the problem in the swingarm is bend... He´s mechanic and six crf 150 r with swingarm bend...!!! Someone with this problem? Is this the problem to recall? or it´s another problem?

I saw yesterday a crf150r ´08 because I want to buy it but the swingarm is bend.

Someone with this problem? Is this problem in ´09 models too? only in ´07-´08 models?

Thank´s again!!

This user has no status.

Yes, I believe that is what the swingarm recall is about, the swingarm building.

This user has no status.

Thank´s!

But I don´t understand why swingarm is bend. I saw 4 crf 150 r and all bikes with bad swingarm!! (bend in the middle). I didn´t know about this problem and I want to know if someone of you have this problem in the bike and how I can solution this.

Anybody with this problem? Solutions? May be new stronger swingarm? (Honda or any other mark...).

Thank´s!!!

Ads