Crf150R with YX engine - Page 2

PlanetMinis Forums

Crf150R with YX engine

This is a discussion on Crf150R with YX engine within the Honda CRF150R And CRF150F forums, part of the General Talk category; Originally Posted by storminnorman07 From a guy that has been there done that I would suggest an alternative engine setup. If you have a fully ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Crf150R with YX engine

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    is 10 year member still has no
    status
     
    spiz5's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Frankfort Il
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by storminnorman07 View Post
    From a guy that has been there done that I would suggest an alternative engine setup. If you have a fully equipped machine shop and looking for a challenge then it makes sense. But if you have to farm the work out your going to get killed on labor prices. My build was very complex in the engine department. Converting the R chassis to hold the xr cases was relatively easy. A fairly easy and fun route would be to shoe horn a crf150F engine in the 150R chassis.
    The problem with the 150F motor is lack of hop up parts availability.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    storminnorman07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    new castle, pa
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by spiz5 View Post
    The problem with the 150F motor is lack of hop up parts availability.
    ??? There's big bore kits, cams, valve spring kits, Cdi boxes, exhaust out there for them. And if that's not good enough guys like fire power minis, myself do can go even further with them. Most guys are more than happy with a EO 175cc kit, cam, Cdi box, and good exhaust
    goinsriding likes this.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    is 10 year member still has no
    status
     
    spiz5's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Frankfort Il
    Posts
    592
    I didnt think there was much available. Seems I recall only 1 or 2 cam grinds were offered and thats it? I dunno, not my motor of choice to build and blowup.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #19
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    Luckystar64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brunswick, Ohio
    Posts
    3,720
    The 230 crank and top end bolt right into a 150F lump. Problem is that motor is too big and heavy for the 150R chassis IMO. It doesn't fit too well, although it can be done. I'd look into getting a CRF100 motor, or just try to find a 150R motor like it came with. If you want a playbike motor, then the XR/CRF100 would be a fun bike as long as you don't try and overbuild it. --L*64

  6. #20
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    storminnorman07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    new castle, pa
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by spiz5 View Post
    I didnt think there was much available. Seems I recall only 1 or 2 cam grinds were offered and thats it? I dunno, not my motor of choice to build and blowup.


    Crower, mega cam, hot cams, I think coe's has 150 cam could be wrong it may be a web cam, and then there's maylasia sources. I agree no my engine of choice either

  7. #21
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    storminnorman07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    new castle, pa
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar64 View Post
    The 230 crank and top end bolt right into a 150F lump. Problem is that motor is too big and heavy for the 150R chassis IMO. It doesn't fit too well, although it can be done. I'd look into getting a CRF100 motor, or just try to find a 150R motor like it came with. If you want a playbike motor, then the XR/CRF100 would be a fun bike as long as you don't try and overbuild it. --L*64
    Good call forgot to add crank swap to available performance mods. Agreed I personally like the 100 engine better. I assumed since the op was asking to do a yx engine he was looking for a different conversion instead of the run of the mill 100 in cr or crf chassis.

  8. #22
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    234wheeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    511
    Attachment 134842CRF150r expert with a crf250r motor. Done by Service HondaAttachment 134841

  9. #23
    Senior Member
    is Building some bikes for
    summer!
     
    Mini-Fifty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    156
    A friend of my made a YX150cc in an KTMsx85cc bike, and that was a pretty awesome bike.
    sit position, steering/handling, and suspensions are in general way better than a pit bike.
    i would stay, do it if you have the right machines and fantasy to build a Yx motor in your frame

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    is 10 year member still has no
    status
     
    spiz5's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Frankfort Il
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by 234wheeler View Post
    Attachment 134842CRF150r expert with a crf250r motor. Done by Service HondaAttachment 134841
    you should have looked at post #s 10 & 15.

  11. #25
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    lumberjack91600's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    france
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by storminnorman07 View Post
    From a guy that has been there done that I would suggest an alternative engine setup. If you have a fully equipped machine shop and looking for a challenge then it makes sense. But if you have to farm the work out your going to get killed on labor prices. My build was very complex in the engine department. Converting the R chassis to hold the xr cases was relatively easy. A fairly easy and fun route would be to shoe horn a crf150F engine in the 150R chassis.
    Hi Norman,i already start my project,the matter is that in France we don't have lot of off road parts so the challenge is to do with i have,also,the 150f stock doesnt work faster
    than my 4v 170 yx(i wish not),even if i want to upgrade that motor it will be expensive no?
    i have full of friend who helps me so i think it will be on the good way,i try.
    I have an LXR SM for mountain road race french champ,i would like to run with this crf,we go from..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1664.JPG 
Views:	618 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	140693

    that's how it should be
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1632.PNG 
Views:	488 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	140694

  12. #26
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    lumberjack91600's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    france
    Posts
    56
    hey guys,i'm glad to see that my post make some interest.
    sorry for my crap english..
    better to talk in USA than in France,not a lot of people try to go other the frontier
    its more satisfying here
    see you soon

  13. #27
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    storminnorman07's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    new castle, pa
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack91600 View Post
    Hi Norman,i already start my project,the matter is that in France we don't have lot of off road parts so the challenge is to do with i have,also,the 150f stock doesnt work faster
    than my 4v 170 yx(i wish not),even if i want to upgrade that motor it will be expensive no?
    i have full of friend who helps me so i think it will be on the good way,i try.
    I have an LXR SM for mountain road race french champ,i would like to run with this crf,we go from..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1664.JPG 
Views:	618 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	140693

    that's how it should be
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1632.PNG 
Views:	488 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	140694
    looking good lumberjack! modding the 150f engine could become pricey. but then again the work you are currently performing is really pricey as well if your not fortunate to have the equipment and know how like yourself. another thing you may want to keep in mind when you say the yx4v 170 is faster than the 150f. horsepower and torque wise they are pretty close. biggest difference is delivery of the power. the mini chassis is considerably lighter than the 150f chassis. so when you get the old gal completed shes more than likely going to feel slower than it did when it was in the mini chassis. but on the plus side there are a TON of aftermarket support for the yx enigne so making more power will be easier and cheaper

  14. #28
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    lumberjack91600's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    france
    Posts
    56
    hey guys
    give you some news
    its really not easy as i thought
    still have a lot of work on it but we are
    on the good way,as you can see its
    a little "bazar" but we can have a first
    view on that project even if its dirt work now

    Name:  be23a695-9677-4a43-bf17-96ddc1ff07f7.png
Views: 485
Size:  40.4 KB

  15. #29
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    lumberjack91600's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    france
    Posts
    56
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1820.JPG 
Views:	359 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	144657

  16. #30
    Member
    This user has no status.
     
    lumberjack91600's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    france
    Posts
    56
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1823.JPG 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	144658

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. CRF150R NSR engine Swap
    By revthemonkey in forum NSR50, NSF100F, MB5, NS1 and RCV Mini
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 09:06 PM
  2. Crf150R Fmf Q4
    By fasterthanyou in forum KLX110/Midsize Parts for Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 03:09 PM
  3. Wanted: Crf150r engine, complete good running condition
    By johnc19 in forum Bikes and Parts Wanted - All Makes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 06:42 PM
  4. 07 crf150r !!!!!!!
    By klxminiracer422 in forum Complete Bikes For Sale - All makes and models
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 10:00 PM
  5. Crf150r Fs:
    By Link712 in forum Complete Bikes For Sale - All makes and models
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Search tags for this page

2014 crf 150r expert

,
alternative motors for 2004 honda crf150f frame
,

crf 150 r 14/12

,

crf 150 r super mini

,
crf 150r mod parts for sale
,

crf150r horsepower

,
honda crf100 swingarm swap
,
honda crf150r 110.front fender
,

will crf 150f motor fit crf150r chassis

,

yx engine

,

yx engines

,

yx motor in crf 150

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Sponsored Links

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0