Plastic in carb blocking float needle - Where's it coming from?

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Plastic in carb blocking float needle - Where's it coming from? within the Honda CRF70 forums, part of the General Talk category; 2002 XR70R stock Recently bought for my son. Replaced plug, changed oil, cleaned filter and the bike runs fantastic! Twice I've found small bits of ...

This user has no status.

2002 XR70R stock

Recently bought for my son. Replaced plug, changed oil, cleaned filter and the bike runs fantastic! Twice I've found small bits of black plastic (grain of sand size) stuck in the carb preventing the float needle from seating and resulting in fuel dumping out of the overflow. In the short term I'd like to just install a fuel filter to catch the plastic. In the long term I'd like to replace whatever is falling apart. Apologies for such a generic question. The bike is at my old mans. I'm Navy and doing a quick stop over for the weekend. I want to have the parts there so I can have the bike running when my son wakes up on Saturday. Thanks for the assist.

- What fuel filter do you recommend? Please provide size and manufacturer if you can.
    - Where is the plastic coming from? Fuel lines, tank? Hopefully, there's a trend that you can point me too.

is Railin ruts and lickin the
    booty

I'd drain the tank and remove the pet cock. Inspect the petcock really well and I'd probably replace it. The petcock has a filter on it!
    Flush the tank super well with a hose and then let the tank dry out for a few days. Clean the carb again. Reasemble and add fuel. Problem solved.

This user has no status.

Maybe replace the fuel line for good measure as well

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    is ...........................?

Supporting Member

TBolt sells some in line fuel filter for extra assurance. Check link.
    tmas

Search Results - Advanced Search - TBolt USA, LLC

This user has no status.

Its the tank if its black plastic, petcock if its rubber

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    2002 XR70R stock

Recently bought for my son. Replaced plug, changed oil, cleaned filter and the bike runs fantastic! Twice I've found small bits of black plastic (grain of sand size) stuck in the carb preventing the float needle from seating and resulting in fuel dumping out of the overflow. In the short term I'd like to just install a fuel filter to catch the plastic. In the long term I'd like to replace whatever is falling apart. Apologies for such a generic question. The bike is at my old mans. I'm Navy and doing a quick stop over for the weekend. I want to have the parts there so I can have the bike running when my son wakes up on Saturday. Thanks for the assist.

- What fuel filter do you recommend? Please provide size and manufacturer if you can.
    - Where is the plastic coming from? Fuel lines, tank? Hopefully, there's a trend that you can point me too.
    I found that removing tank cleaning it (petcock is to expensive) if its a 2008 or earlier the brass screens or plastic in petcock will be no good, so get some clear tygo fuel line ,put in a clear fine fuel filter not paper ,droop fuel line down so the loop will trap plastic parts and you can see all the pieces and instead of plugging fuel filter they will settle in bottom of loop. Then after a few rides you can remove fuel line from filter on one end and flush the pieces gathered in fuel line loop ,you wont have any more carb problems. Pretty soon after regular use you wont see any more plastic. The plastic comes from letting fuel get old and it eats inside of fuel tank. PS the petcocks sold on ebay don't fit genuine Honda tank. So its cheaper if you want to replace petcock to buy tank and petcock for 25.00 on Ebay.ps still use the clear fuel line and inline filter for best results. PS I installed an 88cc kit with updated electric cdi,and pipe. The little critter runs really good for what it is, engine is great suspension well ?????? Thanks >Marvin

This user has no status.

Search Results - Advanced Search - TBolt USA, LLC Tbolt is a great company i recommend them

Sponsored Links