Greetings from NC! I'm a mini addict!! Help!

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Greetings from NC! I'm a mini addict!! Help! within the Introductions forums, part of the General Talk category; Right guys, so I'm brand new to this site, but not to forums, and definitly not to mini's! I'm from NC but I currently live ...

This user has no status.

Right guys, so I'm brand new to this site, but not to forums, and definitly not to mini's! I'm from NC but I currently live in Northern Ireland, and most of my lil Hondas are in storage for the minute.

My dad made a point about 12 years ago to own one Z50 from each "generation" or where there was a major model change. He's always loved them, and my first motorbike when I was 6-7 was a 1996 Honda Z50. Actually, I can remember my dad had a mid 70's Z50 that sat in the corner of our shed, but the engine was knackered and it needed a bunch of work so we never got it running. He used to push me down a hill on it before I was old enough to really ride a motorbike, and thats really where my obsession began.

Between the two of us, we have 9 Honda Z50's, ranging in age from an early hard-tail model, all the way up to 1999. When my dad heard Honda was discontinuing the Z50, he went to the local dealership and bought the very last one they had as a keepsake. To this day its never even had gasoline in its tank, let alone been started, and we intend to keep it like that since we have others which can be ridden. This particular Z50 is currently on loan to the Barber Motorsports Museum in Alabama, along with an all origional 1986 Honda Trail 110 with 240 origional miles on it.

As i stated above, most of my 50's are in storage at the minute because i live in Northern Ireland. One is in pieces in 3 different boxes, one is in the Barber Museum, and the other 7 are sitting waiting for me to return! I'll try and get the years right, but I can't remember all of them exactly, so I'm going to make a rough guess on a couple of them.

We have:

1999 Z50 - At Barber

1997 Z50

1996 Z50 - My First bike! What a machine! haha

1993 Z50 - In boxes, thats going to be rebuilt as my all performance, non-origional honda 50!

1986 Z50

1986 Z50 Christmas Special

1983? Z50

1973? Z50

1969? Z50 - Its an early hard-tail, but it has lights so I dont think it can be a 68.

We would still like to find a decent QA50 and possibly a ZB50 to add to our collection, but otherwise we're pretty satisfied lol!

Its been almost 3 years since I've seen them, so some of the early model years arent exact, but its pretty close to what I've got anyway.

The 86-99 should be about right. We've got pretty much all the parts needed to restore these bikes, tanks, bodywork, lights, bars, loads of spare wheels and tires, and even spare motors, so all we really need is time.

The motor in my 93' is pretty much shot, so I've got an SL70 motor, a 106cc stroker kit, exhaust, and a few other things to go on it. It'll also gain street tires and some better suspention but I dont have those parts yet. It should be one rapid "50" and the addition of the manual 4 speed should be pretty cool too!

We have a few other bikes which are borderline "mini" status, such as a Honda C70 Passport, a 1993 Honda XR100, our Honda Trail 110, a Yamaha 125 scooter (2-stroke) and an Aprilia RS50 and RS125 which are also 2-stroke. Both of the Aprilias are in Northern Ireland with us. There's also a 99 and an 01 Suzuki DR200 which aren't really mini's i guess but there dad and my current trail bikes.

Right before I moved to NI 3 years ago we sold my sisters 03' XR70, a Yamaha RT100, and my 03' XR100 to my uncle, who still has them. We got the XR70 and 100 new for Christmas in 02' which was pretty special.

So I guess your looking for pictures now huh? I've got a few, but most of them are pretty poor because they were taken after my bikes were put in storage. I'll get much better ones in about 2 months when I move back to America.

6 of the Z50's are hiding in the back of the room. You can barely see them. Told you the pictures were bad!! Sorry haha!

Here's one of the Z50's as well as our old RT100 and my old XR100

This is my 2001 Aprila RS50. We also have a 125 which I am currently restoring here. It looks almost identical but its much much faster. 33bhp, 125 2-stroke. Its really really sweet for a small streetbike. Its light, easy to throw into corners, and it handles great! It'll annoy 600's in the corners. (seriously)

Anyway, thats my mini collection. Unfortunatly we won't get much done on them till later this summer, but I just thought I'd join the forum and let ya see what I've got! Apologies for the teaser pictures, but I'll get better ones this summer!

This user has no status.

Re: Greetings from NC! I'm a mini addict!! Help!

Nice looking herd.....where in NC are ya from? Welcome to the Planet....

This user has no status.

Re: Greetings from NC! I'm a mini addict!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by bat999
    Nice looking herd.....where in NC are ya from? Welcome to the Planet....

Haha thanks! And exactly the same place as you! Lived in Greensboro for 11 years until I moved to Northern Ireland. The bikes are all still in Greensboro.

Sponsored Links