GEMINI SST 50cc MINITRAIL

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on GEMINI SST 50cc MINITRAIL within the Introductions forums, part of the General Talk category; Gday all from OZ new to the site and pretty new to computers, one finger typer. Hoping to be able to pick some brains for ...

This user has no status.

Gday all from OZ new to the site and pretty new to computers, one finger typer. Hoping to be able to pick some brains for where to find info.have come into possession of 2 1969 or 1970 gemini sst mini trails in need of work. no idea where to look for info, can anyone help PLEASE.

This user has no status.

Re: GEMINI SST 50cc MINITRAIL

I'm sure you have found your answers by now but for future reference on this thread the Gemini Bikes used a direct knockoff of the old yamaha 50/80 engine (so much so that the yamaha logo is on the insides of some castings). I have used yamaha internal parts in these engines and they are 100% compatible. I don't know if its true but I read somewhere that the unlicensed manufacture of the yamaha engine ended the production of Gemini SSTs.

This user has no status.

Re: GEMINI SST 50cc MINITRAIL

Welcome to PM

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Welcome. Note there are some differences between Yamaha and Gemini engines. Its true that many parts are the same but a few are not.
    Likewise there was some mix and match between engines done at the time. So I pays to check the specs before you order Yamaha parts.

Jason at Gemini Motorsports (USA) has a good range of NOS and 2nd hand parts and knows what fits what.
    Note also that there were some Gemini based models that were for the US market only, (Maverick, etc) whilst some were OZ/NZ only. (Deltek Gremlin - badge engineered Gemini 65cc). Enjoy your Gemini and welcome again!

This user has no status.

Not sure if people are still on this thread but I just picked up a 50. It runs but has shifting problems. Got it real cheap. Anyone still interested in these? I'd be looking for parts, I've emailed Jason. Anyone have shifting issues? Bike would be in neutral then you shift up or down and it goes to gear but won't go back to neutral.guy I bought it from thought it was linkage and kept mucking with it but once I got it home I took it apart and re installed it and I rode it around the yard in one gear(not sure what gear) then got it back to neutral. Went to start it again and couldn't get it to run. It has spark. Maybe carb is plugged.

anyways here it is.

ps second mini for me, I had a ct70 but sold it. I have old harley chopper.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesmutley View Post
    Not sure if people are still on this thread but I just picked up a 50. It runs but has shifting problems. Got it real cheap. Anyone still interested in these? I'd be looking for parts, I've emailed Jason. Anyone have shifting issues? Bike would be in neutral then you shift up or down and it goes to gear but won't go back to neutral.guy I bought it from thought it was linkage and kept mucking with it but once I got it home I took it apart and re installed it and I rode it around the yard in one gear(not sure what gear) then got it back to neutral. Went to start it again and couldn't get it to run. It has spark. Maybe carb is plugged.

anyways here it is.

ps second mini for me, I had a ct70 but sold it. I have old harley chopper.

saw this one in crags list but the $600 price tag was a bit much (it's missing stuff and they used a z50 throttle)
    your shiftier adjustment screw is off or the shifter case cracked. look at the mech that goes over the sproket for the crack if you need help give me a call iv rebuilt them before 604-936-9803 names jordan

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jordant View Post
    saw this one in crags list but the $600 price tag was a bit much (it's missing stuff and they used a z50 throttle)
    your shiftier adjustment screw is off or the shifter case cracked. look at the mech that goes over the sproket for the crack if you need help give me a call iv rebuilt them before 604-936-9803 names jordan
    Is there anywhere one can find a shop manual on these bikes as i have one an work like to get it up an running.

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page
    - dirtbkr188 -

Sponsored Links