PlanetMinis Forums

KLX hard to shift???HELP

This is a discussion on KLX hard to shift???HELP within the KLX110, DRZ110, TTR90 forums, part of the General Talk category; I have two KLX110's and built one of the motors a couple of months ago. TB 143 bore kit, Race Head, 26mm carb, Tb output ...

This user has no status.

KLX hard to shift???HELP

I have two KLX110's and built one of the motors a couple of months ago. TB 143 bore kit, Race Head, 26mm carb, Tb output shaft, HD TwoBro clutch springs, Hyd clutch and TB 4th gear shift drum. Engine is awsome fast and runs smooth no problems solid motor very happy. A couple of days ago I finished putting together the other motor the same exact way with the same parts. But it is hard as hell to shift up or down to were it is uncomfortable to ride and crapy but it does shift. I know it prolly has to do somethen w/ the shift fork or shift drum. But wanted to get some input or see if anyone ran into this problem before I go back in and mess with it this weekend. Please post any information that may halp Thanks

This user has no status.

Re: KLX hard to shift???HELP

I have run into this prob before. For me, the solution was in the clutch cover and shift shaft. Sometimes for whatever reason, the shift end gets a little sideways in the clutch cover. You may want to pull the cover and re-set it. When the cover is off, play with the shifter and see if it shifts w/o the cover. If it is still hard, take a look at the shift arm up at the star, sometimes it will get stuck behind the star. Just my .02. Good luck

is Check out Down2Mob.com! Are
    YOU down 2 mob?

Ya I am having the same problem on my bone stock motor. It shifts smoothly 90% of the time, then the other 10% it won't shift, it almost needs the softest touch and anything harder wont shift it. Also, it doesn't happen up shifting, just down. Not trying to thread jack, just saying we could have the same problem, even though your motor is built and mine is stock.

This user has no status.

Figured out the problem you need to adjust the clutch adjustment screw on the side cover. For anyone else that has this problem pm me and ill talk you through it if it doesnt work

This user has no status.

But I thought you said you have a hydro clutch ?

Quote Originally Posted by BIERDZY262
    Tb output shaft, HD TwoBro clutch springs, Hyd clutch and TB 4th gear shift drum.

Don't you get rid of the adjuster screw set up when installing a hydro clutch ?
    Just say'n ....

This user has no status.

On the first motor I build yes I put in a HYD clutch not on the second motor everything was the same except for that. When i took the cover off it would shift fine then i put it back on and it wouldnt. so i took the oil fill cap off to look down in there and see if i could notice anything and realized that when i moved the shifter the clutch pack would move and hit that screw so i backed it out a little at a time and the shifting got smoother and easier.

Ads