PlanetMinis Forums banner

More klx 110 problems for me...

938 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Markopolo400 
#1 ·
Ok, I know I post alot on here, and ask alot of questions, but I dont know much about this bike and obviously yall do. I'm just going to list out all the questions I have, that I can think of right now...

1) What is the best 143cc kit for the money?

2) When it is kind of lugging, it has a real bad knock sound from the engine, but it only does it loud when its picking up RPM's in 2nd gear. Any clue?

3) When I hit it hard in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, the bike revvs a little bit, then it'll like hook up and go, and I have street tires on the road so it is getting traction. What is that?

4) I'm 6' 1", so I'm huge on this bike with the stock suspension, what is the best/cheapest way to make the seat height taller, KX60 forks? or what?

Ok, I think thats all, for now, please help! and thanks!!

#4 ·
1. $194 kit from TBolt-It comes with a performance cam too

2. Normal, all my 4-strokes have done that at super low RPM. You're just hearing the chain and other parts moving.

3. Your clutch is slipping. Take apart your clutch and measure the thickness of the plates and compare to the specs in the manual, replace if necessary. I would recommend HD clutch springs as well.

4. I am running a 275mm eye to eye iShock in the back, and BBR dampening rods and TRC springs in the stock forks. That along with a Two Bros tall seat, XR50 bars, and Two Bros footpeg mount (Lower and more rearward than stock) and my bike has a much more open cockpit. I am 6' and I am comfy on my mini.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.