PlanetMinis Forums banner

Best upgrade for KX65 forks?

14K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  110racer180 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am 190lbs and want to get my 2002 and 2003 kx65 forks upgraded. What would be the best upgrade for somebody my size and where can I get it done (I was planning on shipping the forks off to get the work done)? Presently the forks are stock. (one set will go on a klx 110 and the other will stay on a kx 65)

Also, I have a 2002 KX65 that I was thinking about updating. Is there a shock anybody knows of that would work for my fat ass? I went to the kawasaki dealer and he did not have any ideas.

Final question. Does anybody know where I can get a set of quality fork springs for a 2005 KX250? My dealer was able to order a Race Tech shock spring, but could not find a set of fork springs. I need something stiffer than stock.

Thanks and Regards, Lon..

2005 Thumpstar Pro

2004 KLX 110

2005 Pitster Pro

2005 CRF 70 w/bbr 88 big bore

2005 CRF 70 w/AHP Stage 3 w/auto clutch

Also several big dirt bikes

See less See more
#2 ·
[quote name='Lschreur']Hello,

I am 190lbs and want to get my 2002 and 2003 kx65 forks upgraded. What would be the best upgrade for somebody my size and where can I get it done (I was planning on shipping the forks off to get the work done)? Presently the forks are stock. (one set will go on a klx 110 and the other will stay on a kx 65)

Also, I have a 2002 KX65 that I was thinking about updating. Is there a shock anybody knows of that would work for my fat ass? I went to the kawasaki dealer and he did not have any ideas.

Final question. Does anybody know where I can get a set of quality fork springs for a 2005 KX250? My dealer was able to order a Race Tech shock spring, but could not find a set of fork springs. I need something stiffer than stock.

dude oh yeah for the kx65 forks go with the manitou works cartridge kit in both of them theirs nothing out that can touch them.they blow circles around zocchi their like $450.00 installed thru pax racing but if you get both sets done don (owner of pax) will cut you a deal call him at 818-897-0373 between 9am & 5pm and tell him Que told you to call about these kits if you go to factory connection they will doe it but for $750.00 each. call don at pax and he will tell you the real on these kits. also you can go to www.paxracing.com to look at the kit. under suspension.

#4 ·
#5 ·
The manitou fork kit is an excellent kit, but $450.00 The spring kit is only $90.00 and add 20wt oil and you save the rest of your money for other parts.

#7 ·
mtbracer said:
The manitou fork kit is an excellent kit, but $450.00 The spring kit is only $90.00 and add 20wt oil and you save the rest of your money for other parts.
yeah you can go that way to but just dont ride nobodys 110 with the manitou kit on them cuz you will be kicking youre self in the arse later whishing you had got those kits,I had the springs and they worked ok till I got the manitou kits installed and i was like dam what a world of difference, i even sold my zochhi after that for $900.00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.