New guy/ Help with mods please-houston,tx guy here

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on New guy/ Help with mods please-houston,tx guy here within the KLX110, DRZ110, TTR90 forums, part of the General Talk category; Hi all, I recently was looking into getting back into riding dirt bikes. Saw guys tearing it up on these klx 110's and I jumped ...

This user has no status.

Hi all,

I recently was looking into getting back into riding dirt bikes. Saw guys tearing it up on these klx 110's and I jumped right in and bought 2(110, and a 110L)I'm not very handy when it comes to turning wrenches, but I have a bud who is. I have a couple questions.

1. I want an Mx style swinger, what all is required and how hard is it to install? Any Houston guys here know someone can do this?

2. Front suspension, I've seen Zokes, ktm,kx65 front ends. Are there any other options.

3. Do the tall seats and bars make a difference? I'm a tall guy, 6"1

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	154267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	154268  

is ready to ride

Welcome to the forum!

Here is a great thread for the 110L build and putting a big style suspension on: 2010 & Newer KLX110L . Also, look for Charper's build on a KLX110L, he has a pretty sweet project going on with big bike suspension.

Other options for front ends are out there, just depends on what you're looking for. There is a lot of GPX/FastAce forks available off other platforms(Pitster Pros/SSRs etc.) Most of these fork systems offer some sort of adjustment, of course the more you pay the more you can play with settings. Regardless of what you get and what your plans are you can get a budget-friendly set up and have everything rebuilt to your weight and needs, ending up with a great handling set up. (Feal Suspension or Race Tech are great resources for fine tuning your set up to your preferences). Check the classifieds section at the bottom of the forum list, there is always some killer deals.

Tall seats and bars is a great place to start, along with an HD foot peg mount and wider pegs. It makes riding the stock bike much more fun to begin with. A long with that, a longer shift lever that folds would be a great purchase over the stock steel one. There are a lot of options out there on the above, just do some homework and see what would work best for you.

is New bike!!! New build!!!!

Hey man. When the weather lets us we will be that way to ride. We go to Houston alot
    WALKING EAGLE (too fat to fly)

Sponsored Links