110 engine help

PlanetMinis Forums

110 engine help

This is a discussion on 110 engine help within the KLX110, DRZ110, TTR90 forums, part of the General Talk category; I have a 08 I bought from a guy that had stripped the spark plug hole out. Removed the head tapped it from the inside ...

Thread: 110 engine help

This user has no status.

110 engine help

I have a 08 I bought from a guy that had stripped the spark plug hole out. Removed the head tapped it from the inside out got the right plug and now it's fixed. Ran like crap. Takes for ever to crank have to leave the gas turned off cause it leaks like crazy out the carb. I bought a carb rebuild kit and still not resolved. Here are the issues takes for her to crank. Will only run on full choke. Doesn't seem to have any power, obviously the choke is on. I have cleaned the carb the best I can. Also leaks oil out of the clutch side. My fault I'm sure from when I pulled the head to tape it. Imagine it's the original gasket from 08 and needs to be replaced. I planned to do A 143 kit with new carb. Started looking at mod engines already built for sale and I just can't seem to find one before it sales. So now I'm back to fixing this one I guess. Does this sound like a carb issue or something in the bottom end. Also it being a 08 should I put a hd output shaft in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

I'm new to this forum but also just purchased a 110 for my son that leaked gas out like crazy and even hydrolocked the other day after sitting due to the carb. This is after replacing carb internals with new needle, float, and rebuild parts. Just to let you know what I found with the fuel leaking. Since the parts were new, I took the carb back apart and focused on the hole the float needle slides into figuring it didn't make a good seal. This was the ticket. Take a very small wire brush or some braided copper wire and twist inside that hole to knock off any residue (even though it looks smooth). Then take a flash light and inspect the bottom of the hole to make sure there is no crap closing it in at all, if so knock it out. Seems like small finicky stuff here, but stopped my fuel leak and caused the seal to seat good after reassembly. Just a thought...

This user has no status.

Thanks for that info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links