KLX110L sprockets

PlanetMinis Forums

KLX110L sprockets

This is a discussion on KLX110L sprockets within the KLX110, DRZ110, TTR90 forums, part of the General Talk category; New to planetminis.com Recently purchased a '12 KLX110L for my 10yr old son. This is his first bike and we have been practicing over the ...

This user has no status.

KLX110L sprockets

New to planetminis.com
    Recently purchased a '12 KLX110L for my 10yr old son. This is his first bike and we have been practicing over the last several weeks at a local MX track.
    I know there's some fear there for him, expecially throttling up the face of the jumps. He is doing great but I've noticed because he doesn't really throttle up for the jump faces, he is kind of bogging, struggling to gain speed up the jumps. He is getting a tiny bit of air but not obtaining the speeds he needs....really winding the throttle out would help him but he's not there just yet.
    Was thinking because he has some full throttle fears ( although he won't admit that lol) what if I changed the front or rear sprockets to give him a little more low end umph! To help him accelerate up the jump faces a bit easier. If this sounds slide a temporary solution, front or rear? And what tooth?
    Thanks for any input

jcs
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KTM73 View Post
    New to planetminis.com
    Recently purchased a '12 KLX110L for my 10yr old son. This is his first bike and we have been practicing over the last several weeks at a local MX track.
    I know there's some fear there for him, expecially throttling up the face of the jumps. He is doing great but I've noticed because he doesn't really throttle up for the jump faces, he is kind of bogging, struggling to gain speed up the jumps. He is getting a tiny bit of air but not obtaining the speeds he needs....really winding the throttle out would help him but he's not there just yet.
    Was thinking because he has some full throttle fears ( although he won't admit that lol) what if I changed the front or rear sprockets to give him a little more low end umph! To help him accelerate up the jump faces a bit easier. If this sounds slide a temporary solution, front or rear? And what tooth?
    Thanks for any input
    rear 40

This user has no status.

So 40 on rear is the ticket? And will I need to replace the chain or should I be able to adjust the rear hub to make the difference? The rear is set almost dead Center on swing arm.

Sponsored Links