another one, need input on building 2008 klx110 motor....sorry to hear a dead horse

PlanetMinis Forums

another one, need input on building 2008 klx110 motor....sorry to hear a dead horse

This is a discussion on another one, need input on building 2008 klx110 motor....sorry to hear a dead horse within the KLX110, DRZ110, TTR90 forums, part of the General Talk category; so guys, I've got my chassis figured out (besides a cradle mount). I have an Elka resivoir shock, super comp swinger, ktm65 front fork conversion ...

This user has no status.

so guys, I've got my chassis figured out (besides a cradle mount). I have an Elka resivoir shock, super comp swinger, ktm65 front fork conversion with .5o of springs, freshly rebuilt 07 ktm front brake caliper and wave rotor, hydraulic clutch, etc. I bought the bike with the hydro clutch on it, so I'm not sure what make/model the set up is. I'm planning on using this bike at my local big bike tracks because we don't have any local pitter tracks besides some very basic ones. I bought the bike used, with clean title and was told it has a 140cc kit in it, which I'm left to assume it's just cylinder and piston since it does have the stock head.

now I'm on to building the motor, basically going to build a new one from the ground up since I found a decent deal on a set of new 67mm machined cases with the starter boss removed.

I was either going to go tb165, 55mm stroker, 4th gear drum, decompression cam if I can find one (or just the button if need be). my question is, since I have an 08, will I still need a new output shaft? I already have a bbr rev box and aftermarket clutch (not sure on which brand until I start tearing motor down). bump start is hooked up, so I will try to bump start whenever possible. I'm looking for a pretty linear power curve, good bottom end that revs pretty good as well. I've looked at dyno numbers stating the 138+r can make as much power as a stroked 160-165....is this true? I have the funds, but I do not want to regret my purchases and back track after I complete my build. like I said, I'm going to purchase case bored to 67mm, what is my best option from here on. my chassis is great, like I said this bike is going to be strictly ridden on big bike tracks and I want to make sure I have the power when I need it. will I notice that big of a difference from a stroked 143 v2 to a 165 v2? if TAK is the way to go i can do that but I need some help from people with personal experience. after the motor i will go forward with the rear disk brake, already have the ktm65 rear set up here ready to fab on....but at the moment the motors #1 on the list.

also, I can't find a 57mm stroker crank anymore....did they stop producing them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14911644769541632995943_1491164536609.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	205937  
    Last edited by GSully23; 04-02-2017 at 06:55 PM.

This user has no status.

I dont know the answers to all of you questions since I'm asking a lot of them myself. But the 08 should have the updated output shaft. And I just ordered a decomp cam from minimob racing. They had the s35d in stock but can order the other ones. I had to order L specific models. But they are coming straight from takegawa in Japan and take a few weeks. I'm still waiting on mine.
    "On the Gas, or On the Brakes. NO COASTING"
    ~The Possum

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Chansharp View Post
    I dont know the answers to all of you questions since I'm asking a lot of them myself. But the 08 should have the updated output shaft. And I just ordered a decomp cam from minimob racing. They had the s35d in stock but can order the other ones. I had to order L specific models. But they are coming straight from takegawa in Japan and take a few weeks. I'm still waiting on mine.
    well I found a pitter lxr locally with the klx mounts with the klx engine bored and stroked to a 194 with tb parts. it has take 4 speed transmission. I'm going to go look at it this next weekend (first weekend available for the seller) and see if everything seems right. if so, the bikes as good as sold because I could rebuild the engine for cheap before it completely goes. my only issue is the head and jug is powdercoated which shys me away from and air cooled bike......even though it's said to have less than 5 hours on motor. bike looks trick.....but if rather no paint on motor....period.

if it doesn't seem right, I will build my own

also scored myself an fmf 4.1 stainless exhaust on eBay on Thursday for 135 shipped, couldn't pass that up and it will be here by the 13th

Sponsored Links