KLX mod parts help- Marzocchi completer front end and BBR super pro rear with Elka

PlanetMinis Forums

KLX mod parts help- Marzocchi completer front end and BBR super pro rear with Elka

This is a discussion on KLX mod parts help- Marzocchi completer front end and BBR super pro rear with Elka within the KLX110, DRZ110, TTR90 forums, part of the General Talk category; Hello, My son races flat track and has been racing stock 50 (CRF50 ) and mod (CRF50 / TB8 . He is in his 2nd ...

This user has no status.

Hello,
    My son races flat track and has been racing stock 50 (CRF50 ) and mod (CRF50 / TB8. He is in his 2nd season of dirt track racing, but he is getting big and the next bikes for him will be KLX110 and a 110 mod.
    I have a friend who bought a 110 new from Kawi and then threw 5,000 dollars at it with mod motor parts and the Marzocchi full front end and BBR super pro billet swing arm with the Elka shock. He purchased all the suspension new direct from BBR. My friend has offered to sell me the KLX for my son but I will have to convert the suspension back to stock (my son is 10 and can't touch the ground on the bike with the big suspension.
    So, the help I need is figuring out what I can sell the suspension parts for and how much used stock parts will cost. With this info I can see if that offsets the price enough on the bike. I would love to have this bike for my son as I know the total history of the bike and engine, it has been well taken care of vs buying some random bike off craigslist...
    any help is greatly appreciated, and if I end up getting the bike, the parts will be for sale in the for sale section here shortly.
    thanks for the help
    Chad
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6442.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	210673

This user has no status.

My humble opinion around $4/500 for the front end,7-1000 for swingarm and shock.Its all dependent upon how much interest there is at the time..These parts are desirable and no longer produced, but you will have to find someone interested who can actually buy the parts and go through with the sale..I personally have sold marzocchi front end and two super comp swingarms fairly quick..EBay may be your biggest platform as well as bring you your best price..good luck with the bike and the potential sale of the parts..

This user has no status.

You'd be better off posting this on the planetminis Facebook page

is Almost ready

try changing out the seat for a stock seat and lower the front end. thats a mod klx110 so you would be half way to where you said his next bike will be a stock klx110 and a Mod klx110. also I would keep the swingarm and front front end and put them away cuz later he's going to want better suspension and with them being hard to get you will be happy you did. Some are selling parts for outrageous prices. they want new prices for used parts cause there hard to get.

is "I don't crash, I have
    slightly uncontrolled
    get-offs"

Yeah I agree, hes gonna start growing fairly quickly here soon so I would just keep the front/rear end in the garage for later when he really needs it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

thanks for the info guys, the thing is that for flat track, he doesn't need these parts. If it was MX I would have no problem keeping them, but they are not suited for dirt oval racing. We don't need extended or long travel stuff. If I can get $1500-1750 for the parts, it will offset the cost enough to justify buying the bike. I really want the bike and hate to take it apart but it really is important to me to know that the motor is solid and that the bike hasn't been abused.
    I am actually a little surprised that the front end estimate is only $400-500, as the original cost was $1600
    thank you for the help!
    Chad

This user has no status.

My estimate of $4-500 for the front end was just the forks ,not including the front wheel,brakes and handlebars ..just my .02..

This user has no status.

Action69,
    I have been checking eBay, PM and CL for replacement stock parts- my plan is to remove the front end whole and sell it as one unit - what would be your estimate for it as a complete unit?
    I just need to believe that I can sell the parts for 1500-1750 or more so that the end cost for me is not greater than what a really clean stock bike will be.
    Thanks in advance for all the help!
    - here is a pic of my son racing last season
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0301 copy.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	396.4 KB 
ID:	210810

This user has no status.

Are your zokes the new style with rebound and compression on each leg? Those are more desirable. The supercomp mx style swing arm kit is a pretty hot item, guys are asking about buying these constantly. My guess is if you remove these parts clean them up and take good pictures you won't have a problem getting $1500 out your set. More if you are willing to mess around with all the jokers and wait until a serious buyer steps up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

is Almost ready

I don't know how close a friend he is but if he knows about planetminis and the fb planetminis page I would think he would be upset if he sold you the bike for $2000 and find out your getting that and more for just the frontend and rear. You can get a decent mod with a tb143 and v2 head for around $2k or less. Regardless of you knowing your friend takes care of his bike you will always want to rebuild the topend anyway. That includes clutch plates.or u could buy a stocker and put a tb143 and pipe with bars and know u have a reliable bike u built. me I'm in the process of building me another mod mini the motor will be completely torn down and rebuilt. I'm Just waiting on a bbr v3 frame.
    Last edited by Imback; 05-18-2017 at 11:07 AM.

is Almost ready

Also regards too selling the front and rear most likely they will be sold separately like the swingarm and shock mount and maybe shock or the zochs by themselves. Whatever you do don't separate the swingarm and shock mount the mount is where you will get the most hits for as alot have the swingarm workout the mount you could get $700 easy for those.

This user has no status.

Thank you for all the advice guys! My friend doesn't care at all, he is a dentist and wasn't using the bike any longer and just wanted to put some money back in his pocket and get it out of his garage. I pulled the trigger and bought the bike last night!

This user has no status.

if it helps at all i just payed 800 for the complete bbr supercomp/elka set up.
    "On the Gas, or On the Brakes. NO COASTING"
    ~The Possum

Sponsored Links