PlanetMinis Forums banner

Crf based engine in klx 110

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  203xrfiddy 
#1 ·
Hey guys I know there has been plenty of discussion of a CRF based engine in a KLX there have been people making their own brackets to fit a Honda based engine what I'm wondering is would any of you be interested in brackets if I fab some up my buddy just bought a 2015 klx 110L and he wants more power looking at the big bore kit's about 600 bucks I was thinking of making brackets on a CNC machine Out of 11. Gauge steel if you guys know anybody that has these brackets for sale please let us know cause we will buy them if not I will be making some and seeing how it works if anyone has any interest let me know

#3 ·
Not sure on price I would try to keep cost to a minimum seeing this would be an alternative to save some $$$ and no fab work on your end kit would include brackets and all hardware to hold the crf engine you would have to used your stock klx motor mount bolts kit would include a collar so the existing klx mount won't get bent out of spec from tightening

#6 ·
Doesn't seem like this guy knows much of what he saying. 11 gauge steel on a CNC mill. Also if 600 is too much for a bore, then how logical is it to reinvent the wheel and fabricate mounts for a motor that will cost more than 600? Plus even then the crf based motor is narrower. Either it will need to be shifted over or dealt with at the wheel. Furthermore the exhaust will need to be addressed. Seems like bolting up a race head and bore is the much cheaper and more intelligent option

#10 ·
Don't be so sensitive. Those brackets look to just be brake bent flat plate. Our definitions of CNC work are quite different. In any case, please don't mistake my comments as shooting holes in your plan. Coming from a guy who regularly does LS swaps in RX7s and RX8s, I always love the challenge of shoving a square block in a circle hole. But your reasoning is jacked up. You don't want to spend 600 on a top end but are willing to redesign (may be giving you too much credit there) a chassis and thenspend near 600 bucks or more on another motor, is something worth laughing at. As said I'm not trolling nor do I intend to hurt your feelings but I'm sure I'm not the only person who sees this. That is all. Hele on Bradah. Illl be checking on the progress

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.