Extended Swingarm Chain Slack???

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Extended Swingarm Chain Slack??? within the KLX110, DRZ110, TTR90 forums, part of the General Talk category; When I put my Sano +4 swinger and F22 shock on I adjusted the chain slack according to the manufacturers specs. But today after finally ...

This user has no status.

When I put my Sano +4 swinger and F22 shock on I adjusted the chain slack according to the manufacturers specs. But today after finally taking it out for a test drive I noticed when I sit on it the chain is extremely tight with no slack. I think the chain is also so tight it will not allow the wheel to travel any higher. What is everyone measuring for their slack and are you measuring it on the bike or on a stand?

I am also not using a chain roller or guide, would these help at all besides keeping the chain from derailing?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by hoser1000
    When I put my Sano +4 swinger and F22 shock on I adjusted the chain slack according to the manufacturers specs. But today after finally taking it out for a test drive I noticed when I sit on it the chain is extremely tight with no slack. I think the chain is also so tight it will not allow the wheel to travel any higher. What is everyone measuring for their slack and are you measuring it on the bike or on a stand?

I am also not using a chain roller or guide, would these help at all besides keeping the chain from derailing?
    you should always cut and adjust the chain when you sit on the bike,the chain gets tighter when the suspension is compressed,also put a chain roller on it also.did you adjust you chain from the spacers on the swinger.
    My yz110f is a Crf70 killa. Hidden Content special thanks to Paxracing. TNPRacing. Monster Energy. why is he on the ground!!!!! he saw me blitzs the whoops on my klx110, and he tryed it on his 450f...

This user has no status.

DO NOT run the 110 with the chain too tight... It put stress on that WEAK output shaft. DO NOT adjust your chain sitting on the bike for the +4 swing arms.... The correct way to adjust it is: remove the shock and move the wheel/swingarm up until its level with the front sprocket. Then adjust it for about 1/2" of play. Then replace the shock. I would recommend a chain roller to remove some of the chain slack, when the swingarm is down.
    MotoHP 180 W/SuperHead, KX65 Forks, Oil cooler, SIK EXT long travel swing with Elka Shock, and lots of other stuff.

This user has no status.

the chain guide will also help protect things if you ever run into deeper ruts..i would use one just to be safe and help guide the chain better also
    JF 262

This user has no status.

Thanks guys. I just hope nothing got dicked from riding it around the neighborhood. If the output shaft got cracked would it be noticible? My wife took it down a big drop and I thought I heard something pop or it may have been just me hearing things.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by hoser1000
    Thanks guys. I just hope nothing got dicked from riding it around the neighborhood. If the output shaft got cracked would it be noticible? My wife took it down a big drop and I thought I heard something pop or it may have been just me hearing things.
    no that pop that you heard was the chain being to tight.my big bike would do that.thats why we would adjust it sitting on the bike cuz when you compress the suspension thats how tight it will be then you adjust if after that with like the 2 finger method.
    My yz110f is a Crf70 killa. Hidden Content special thanks to Paxracing. TNPRacing. Monster Energy. why is he on the ground!!!!! he saw me blitzs the whoops on my klx110, and he tryed it on his 450f...

This user has no status.

You should be fine... if it breaks, you will know.... It takes a big hit to break the shaft, due to the chain being too tight.
    MotoHP 180 W/SuperHead, KX65 Forks, Oil cooler, SIK EXT long travel swing with Elka Shock, and lots of other stuff.

Sponsored Links