PlanetMinis Forums banner

Free Mods

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  CodySmith 
#1 ·
I got a killer deal on an 04 KLX 110 and I remember their being a thread about free mods. The search is all but useless, any one have a link to the thread or any free mods? Thanks Anthony

#2 ·
Theres a snorkel that goes into the frame, behind the stock air box. You'll have too pull off the stock air box to remove it.

In the pipe... you can take out the baffle, cut off the wire mesh and re-install the endcap.

Also in the head pipe, right where it comes out of head, theres a doughnut inside the pipe there that you can drill out. You cant miss it. I think I drilled mine out with either a 7/8ths or 15/16th drill bit and its almost perfect diameter match to the inside of the pipe.

Other then them 3 things I dont know of any others that dont reqire a judicious amount of moola.

#7 ·
I actually cut the air box hole out larger but really don't know if it helped. Also flip the rear brake actuation lever over and put the rod over the top of the swing arm, loose the top chain protector, cut the tab coming off of the top of the front number plate flush with the top of it.

#15 ·
my bike- stock pilot, 88 main(currently running a 90), removed choke, drilled pipe, cut airbox to match frame, and lighter air filter foam. I remember trying to shim the needle and feeling like I wasted my time. My bike didn't idle back down with the bigger pilot. 500' above sea level. These free mods made a huge difference over stock.

#16 ·
I took off the snorkel, drill out all the donut and try everything : 85 main - 40 pilot - shim the needle, 85 main - 38 pilot - shim needle, 80 main whit each pilot with and without snorkel and everytime i start it he run too high and then he stall after e few seconds ? ? ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.