PlanetMinis Forums

KX-65 swingarm conversion step-by-step

This is a discussion on KX-65 swingarm conversion step-by-step within the KLX110, DRZ110, TTR90 forums, part of the General Talk category; Since this is a popular swap/conversion and everyone wants step-by-step directions and pix, I will make this offer to build one. I have seen many ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

KX-65 swingarm conversion step-by-step

Since this is a popular swap/conversion and everyone wants step-by-step directions and pix, I will make this offer to build one. I have seen many built and most have been done technically incorrect(in my mind) and/or asthetically unpleasing. I'm not saying that my way is right, its just my way and it works.

Anyway, here's my idea:

I don't need another one, but if someone wants to donate a swingarm, I will donate the time, materials and shop fabrication equipment and build one with pix and descriptions. I would need a KX-65 swingarm, a 110 swingarm(bent or broken is fine as you just need the pivots) and preferably a 2001-2002 shock pivot linkage(steel). When its all done, I will post it for sale and donate the entire sale price proceeds to Planetminis. If nobody want to donate a swingarm, then I will go and buy one and do it myself eventually. If the moderators like the finished product and feel it is worthy of becoming a "sticky", then nobody will have to ever ask the question again. As for the frame mod, that is up to each individual how they would want to do it. Who's up for donating some parts for the good of the site? Come on guys, I'm serious. If there's any question about my ability to "correctly" build/modify a swingarm, I do this kind of stuff all day long at the shop. Welcome to Racelabz, Your S2000 racing source - home of the fastest T3 S2000 Racecars

Let me know who thinks this is a good idea and wants to contribute.

**** I will end this by stating I will assume no liability for the use of the swingarm. It will be sold as-is, where-is and whatever you do with it is up to you. I am not in the business of building swingarms, I build racecars, but the one that I built for myself has stood up to anything and everything that I have given it(I'm 220# also).

Thanks,

Dan

This user has no status.

Re: KX-65 swingarm conversion step-by-step

sounds like a good idea... i was think yesterday that they should have a 'HOW TO' section for the questions that get asked 10x a day with out there ever being a good descriptive answer ... making a video of the build would be a good idea too

This user has no status.

Im a fabricator and by the looks of your work I dont think quality would be a problem.. have you gotten a swingarm yet?

This user has no status.

Actually I'm shocked at how few responses there are here! Looks like everyone is all "type" and no action. I have not been approached by anyone interested in contributing. Are you offering? Do you have a 65 or 110 swingarm? I'll take either to get started.

Thanks for the kind words,

Dan

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by w650gb500
    Actually I'm shocked at how few responses there are here! Looks like everyone is all "type" and no action. I have not been approached by anyone interested in contributing. Are you offering? Do you have a 65 or 110 swingarm? I'll take either to get started.

Dan

Give it time, you posted your thread less than two hours ago, im sure you will get more responses.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by w650gb500

Dan

Im going to be getting one... I was maybe more interested in how you do it (being I could probly do it myself) but if you want to do one for me to post the step by step n the pics but i would want it back to use...

This user has no status.

Ok, ill buy one so you can do it, and then you return it to me finished when your done.

This user has no status.

yeah that would be a lil more realistic than the fund raiser idea

This user has no status.

Funny, everyone wants one done for them. I'm not interested in making them for sale as the time it takes and what would have to be charges would make it unrealistic. I was simply volunteering my time and shop for a single build as a "good faith jesture" for the mini community and PlanetMinis.

I guess I could build a jig and then whoever wants to build their own could "rent" it, pay the shipping and a security deposit, then use the step-by-step instructions to build their own. That sounds like an interesting idea. If the first one actually happens, I'll consider doing it. Things to think about.

Dan

This user has no status.

Nobody interested? I'm willing to do all the work for nothing and donate back to "our" site, PlanetMinis. Nobody else wants to contribute to what I thought was a good cause and idea?

Wow,

Dan

This user has no status.

i may have an 05 klX swinger to donate... i'll check in a few....

This user has no status.

If someone has a kx swinger laaying around they might donate it, but i dont think anyone is going to just buy you a swinger or even give one if they have it, for you to just sell it when your done. Even if you were donating it to the site.

This user has no status.

I have a klx 110 swingarm. I am doing a total re-build with my son on an 2005. I am sure once I get started I will need A LOT of help on my project so that is the least I can do for planetminis. PM me and hopefully it will not cost much to ship.

This user has no status.

pm sent buddy. also, you guys do some wicked a$$ work with those cars.

This user has no status.

All I have to say is PITA. I think the shock angle is a little to laid over but I can always change it. If anyone else is considering this I don't recomend using the kx shock. It won't clear the subframe unless you offset it in the swingarm. I choose to cut the subframe rather then try to figure out how to build an offset bracket. And before anyone says anything yes the lower mount has a needle bearing. Heres initail mockup before final fitting.

Attachment 31071
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00385.JPG 
Views:	742 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	25034  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads