PlanetMinis Forums banner

kx60 vs kx65 forks?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Calif-klx110 
#1 ·
Okay, I have a delema. I have read on here everywhere that the kx60 forks are great for the 110's and better then the BBR E-6's. then I read that the 65 forks are 100 times better then the 60 forks. I'd love to get a set of Zokes but I am a rider on a budget. I work at a Kawasaki shop and I have two options. A brand new set of 2003 KX60 forks or a brand new set of 2008 KX65 forks for $100 more. Is the newer 65 model a better option? I know i need a set of adapters for the kx65 forks which is fine, but do i need anything else? Will they bolt on to a set of triples with the adapters and the stock brake set up and front tire? I would like to upgrade to a set of disk brakes later on but can i run the stock drums for now? I'd apreciate all the info.

DJ

#6 ·
Right now its a stock motor. I plan on going with a trail boss 143 kit with head. I think im gonna go with the 60 forks just because they are cheaper and will run with a stock front wheel. Its not in my budget for a front wheel, rotor, caliper, forks, and adapters.

#7 ·
One more thing to concider is the new KX65 forks are much longer than the KX60 so you will need to do a extended swingarm to level the bike. You won't be able to lower the newer forks enough in the triple clamp. Older (I think pre-2002) are a bit shorter and you can slide them up a bit.

We have KX60 forks on the front of one bike and an I-shock on the rear and it sits pretty level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.