Not quite finished Mini-motard build... - Page 3

PlanetMinis Forums

Not quite finished Mini-motard build...

This is a discussion on Not quite finished Mini-motard build... within the Mini-Motards forums, part of the General Talk category; Got the proofs for the new graphics, and boy is she going to look good!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Not quite finished Mini-motard build...

is NOOB

Got the proofs for the new graphics, and boy is she going to look good!

2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(178cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard

is NOOB

She's coming together! Should have her back in a couple days! Here is a sneak peak.

fastbastard likes this.

is NOOB

Well she's done for right now. Still have the dual exhaust to do, bigger front brake, etc.

fastbastard and z501wheel like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

is NOOB

Had her out Sunday for the first time at the local indoor kart track. Wrote a review of the bike thus far.

A little review of the my new setup as well for those interested.

The engine was everything, and more that I was hoping for. The short falls of the 155cc stroker motor are nowhere to be found with this 178cc, 4 valve head, with a Keihin PWK 28 carb. My complaint of the 155cc stroker is the lack of bottom end grunt. The power would come on half way up the RPM range. With this new setup it had power everywhere. The carb needs a bit more tuning though as it had a small hiccup at 3/4 throttle if you didn't roll to WOT on the straights. It is also much more noisy with the Kitaco head. A lot of people thought there was something wrong with it, lol.

The Takegawa 6 disc clutch is such an upgrade from the Trail Bikes one I had on there before. I no longer had the issue of the clutch slipping when I'm trying to kickstart the bike. The length of pull is soooo much better as well. It's nearly the same as my 450. The old setup was engaged or disengaged with very little pull of the lever. This clutch also creates a hell of a racket as well. Sounds almost like a gear driven supercharger.

The suspension height is so much better for my riding style and size. I was able to lean it over with my leg out much better compared to the old setup. The rear shock is great. It was built to my specific weight and use from Elka. The front forks were still very soft, but manageable if you didn't jam the brakes at the last second. I tried pre-loading them into corners, and slowly letting off the brake mixing in maintenance throttle as to not unbalance the bike.

The brakes gave me a lot more confidence! Although, people are flying around at K2K much faster than me with drum setup. I just like knowing I can stop in a hurry if need be, and this did happen with a couple pile ups right in front of me. I was getting so confident with the bike I was even "attempting" to slide the tail into the corners of the straights a bit. Usually this would send me into a wild flailing panic, but not anymore.

Some things I would change...
    1. Get the billet triple clamps on it that I have with the custom bar riser to get some more height.
    2. Larger front brake setup so I can one or two finger the front brake.
    3. Figure out if I can stiffen the front forks a bit more to prevent diving.
    4. Dual exhaust (it's in the works)
    5. Bottom chain roller mod like on big bikes. I'm pretty sure my chain broke the master link off b/c of this. When the suspension decompressed after I crashed the chain had a lot more slack. It bound up and broke. Luckily it didn't punch through my case.
    6. Finish tuning the carb. It had the small hiccup as I stated before.
    7. Rider Mod
    fastbastard likes this.

This user has no status.

Yer Bike looks awesome mate
    !

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G928F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.

How does the new takegawa gearbox handle?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G928F met Tapatalk

is NOOB

I ended up keeping the 4 spd in it. There is a warning to not use this with any extreme engine build like mine, and I didn't want it grenade'n during the indoor kart track season. I'm going to throw it in a different engine build now. You have to clearance the inside of the case for the new trans to fit. This was another reason it didn't go in, because I didn't want to miss any track days. The 6 spd would've been pointless at the indoor track I ride at. I only use 2nd and 3rd.
    fastbastard likes this.

is NOOB

Got her dyno'd last Friday. Plenty of things to do to get some more power out of her! I'm happy extremely happy with her right now though. So freaking fast on the kart track!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links