Tire Size choices in 10" (available stateside) - Page 2

PlanetMinis Forums

Tire Size choices in 10" (available stateside)

This is a discussion on Tire Size choices in 10" (available stateside) within the Mini-Motards forums, part of the General Talk category; I would agree with you running indoors on cold pavement at K2K or most indoor tracks that have smooth cold concrete. Good advice though If ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This user has no status.

I would agree with you running indoors on cold pavement at K2K or most indoor tracks that have smooth cold concrete. Good advice though

If you were to ride outdoors at say Jacksonspeedway, G&JKartway, Rolling Green, Michiana, New Castle, Circleville, Autocity etc.... you would have to have proper suspension and tires. Just any ole' tire will not get you up to competitive speeds.

It was more of a blank statement ........ as most roadracers that have been on paved tracks more than a few years will tell you tire developement has increased the speeds more than anything, only suspension is close in lean angle and speed...........
    apexmfg.com

sportbiketracktime.com

mimra.org

This user has no status.

Suspension is everything in roadracing. I'd take that over HP in many situations. Tires have improved speed and laptimes, along with the ever progressing technology of bikes (for example, in the 600 class where each model evolves every 1-2 years; pretty fast if you think about it).

Regardless, I'll take all 4 as part of a good package - even better if I don't have to try and rank them.

Cheers.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy
    The most current 10" Bridgestone is a BT-39SS not available in the US market at this time

I don't know where you sourced the BT39's...but any tucker rocky distributor ( almost any motorcycle shop worth its weight in...paper per say) should be able to order them right out of the catalog. A great tire by the way. They have a pretty good grip even @ cold temp on cold ground, but build to a usable heat in a pretty short span. Sticky-icky...I'm all +++'s when it comes to the BT's. Just my .02!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

I bet there are even some in my "tire" thread in the vendors section..lol..:endplug:
    Planet Minis....Two Wheels So Close to Uranus....

aka 02redr1

Cycle1.net

Excel Racing

DLC Racing

Lawdog Racing

CMRAracing.com

OklahomaSuperbikers.com

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by motofox21
    I don't know where you sourced the BT39's...but any tucker rocky distributor ( almost any motorcycle shop worth its weight in...paper per say) should be able to order them right out of the catalog. A great tire by the way. They have a pretty good grip even @ cold temp on cold ground, but build to a usable heat in a pretty short span. Sticky-icky...I'm all +++'s when it comes to the BT's. Just my .02!!

my bad on the BT39 10".

are you sure the BT39WET in size 100/90-12" and 120/80-12" are here?

I am wondering why nobody has mentioned they have pure racing wet tires then???????????????? Because they are only in Japan like the TT72WET and TT92GP tires..............

................ the BT39WET is a 12" tire.

i sourced goggle bridgestone BT601SS racing tires and found the world wide site and then found the WET racing tires..........

So matt hook a brother up with these racing wets if you have them.........

somebody at dieseljo.com says they might make a bulk order for these tires........ but i have called, pm'ed, posted them with ZERO response so i'm assuming this is another line of internet BS............

I have 2 sets of TT92GPs and am dying to ride them........

On the 10" tires i now have 2 sets of SAVA softs, And might have to buy some more while the price is right. My Daughter should be able to get to the next level of speed with them.
    apexmfg.com

sportbiketracktime.com

mimra.org

This user has no status.

all i was replying to was the post above..i didn't see your post about the "wet" specific tires...i have been trying to find the wet tires as well with no avail..lol....i'll let everyone know if i find someone who distributes them...
    Planet Minis....Two Wheels So Close to Uranus....

aka 02redr1

Cycle1.net

Excel Racing

DLC Racing

Lawdog Racing

CMRAracing.com

OklahomaSuperbikers.com

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by matt-tastic
    all i was replying to was the post above..i didn't see your post about the "wet" specific tires...i have been trying to find the wet tires as well with no avail..lol....i'll let everyone know if i find someone who distributes them...

yeah yeah

the Bridgestone Japanese global site has all the race tires............. and general tires listed as well.

a very cool layout of what they have! not alot of glitz and glam-O-rama for the poser crowd

The BT39SS is also listed as a 12" WET not just the standard BT39SS racing 10" tire

Oh what joy those must give in nasty conditions.

I used a set of MT60 racing wets on a street bike a few winters ago and they were awesome for commuting on in cold wet conditions
    apexmfg.com

sportbiketracktime.com

mimra.org

This user has no status.

Teddy how can I get some 100/90/12 BT39SS rains, I have a spare 12 f/r setup and want to get some rains rolling.

I've seen the above tire and it is SUPER soft!!
    2003 XR88R STUNT

2005 CRF108R SM

2006 KLX111R SM

Thanks to Factory Motorsports, anyonebut_24, Minigunz, RJP Racing and M&M Racing for all the help!!

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyboatguy
    Teddy how can I get some 100/90/12 BT39SS rains, I have a spare 12 f/r setup and want to get some rains rolling.

I've seen the above tire and it is SUPER soft!!

Yeah the 1 year old "new" 10" soft compound SAVA tires i have in my shop dent with a fingernail just like the TT92GPs i have (not that thats any real test) and compared to the BT601SS i have which do not dent anywhere as easy............ and the 1 used TT91 i have is even harder than the BT601SS ( we noticed this when purchased new)

man if i knew where to get them 12" rains i would have bought them by now..........

If my buddy goes back to Japan we are getting a coupla sets of either the 12" BT39SS WETs or the the TT72WETs......... in 12" not 10" i have not seen them via either manufacter in a 10" size.

I'd bet that anyone that does big biz would want to import these tires as theres a nice racing base now to support a sizable shippment of the newest of new 12" /10" racing tires from Japan. Even though people are jumping ship and now down grading the BT and TT tires in favor of the SAVA tires....... when just a few months ago they raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaved about how awesome their TT91 tires were poke poke lol but really you'd think this would you not? I mean me and my kids will use a total of 12-16 tires a season............... how many other racers use lots of tires? LOTS i'm sure!

this is a 10" thread not a 12" thread
    apexmfg.com

sportbiketracktime.com

mimra.org

This user has no status.

Well if you grab some 12" wets LMK.......
    2003 XR88R STUNT

2005 CRF108R SM

2006 KLX111R SM

Thanks to Factory Motorsports, anyonebut_24, Minigunz, RJP Racing and M&M Racing for all the help!!

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyboatguy
    Well if you grab some 12" wets LMK.......

yeah sure flithy your on the top of my list lol just kidding its just a joke lol
    apexmfg.com

sportbiketracktime.com

mimra.org

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy
    yeah sure flithy your on the top of my list lol just kidding its just a joke lol
    I see how you are
    2003 XR88R STUNT

2005 CRF108R SM

2006 KLX111R SM

This user has no status.

there are also

Innova Tyres 90/90-10 slick

Heidenau 3.00-10 slick

i don't know availability in U.S.A.

This user has no status.

Check out some of these and see what you think.

Bridgestone-Hoop

Duro-HF912A

Maxxis-M6o29

Michelin-Bopper

Michelin-S1

I didn't list the IRC, Dunlop, or the Pirelli cause everyone was talking about them, I'm kinda liking the Bopper but I don't know how they'd look on a standard 1.4 or 1.6 rim? Opinions Please
    ER Boys Racing

Ashes to Ashes, Gas Cans and Matches

Hidden Content

This user has no status.

Wow dude your gonna make it real easy for us to whip you this summer with those tire choices

With all the suspension mods, motor mods, training and what ever else we have all done in the last 12 months your gonna race with standard scooter tires?

The thread was originally intended for posts about "real" race tires not standard hoops and scooter tires relabled as "minimotard" tires.

If your choosing a race tire for looks.......... your the best critic for your bike.
    apexmfg.com

sportbiketracktime.com

mimra.org

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links