PlanetMinis Forums

NEW NSF100F copy!?

This is a discussion on NEW NSF100F copy!? within the NSR50, NSF100F, MB5, NS1 and RCV Mini forums, part of the General Talk category; Wow! I would like a street-legal version, please?!...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Re: NEW NSF100F copy!?

Wow!

I would like a street-legal version, please?!

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by chester3000
    It looks like Dirtmax is "Taking Orders Now for August 2010 Delivery".

GP160R

Your link doesnt work.
    -Chris-

02 CRF-450r Street-legal Supermoto

05 UPC xsi-pro 125 Takegawa twin spark 140 motor!

88' Honda ZB50 all original except a 4 speed Kitaco 108se motor (13hp)

01' Ducati 748 Bayliss replica

This user has no status.

After going to MiniGP PROfive-IMR I think this bike is Italian made? Here is a list of it's specs:

TECHNICAL MiniGP 140/150 4T

Aluminum frame

Aluminum swingarm

Front suspension : Marzocchi inverted fork 635mm .

Rear suspensions : Fastace BS58RCL275mm triple adjustment

Front brake : hydraulic disc - 210 mm.

Rear brake : hydraulic disc - 180 mm.

Fuel tank cap with plastic fiber (3 liters).

Front wheel lightweight aluminum alloy 3.00 x 12

Rear wheel lightweight aluminum alloy 3.50 x 12

Front tire CST 100/80- 12 ( Sava alternative)

120/80- 12 rear tire CST (Sava alternative)

Dimensions

Wheelbase : 1220 + - 15 mm

Seat height : 700 mm

Width : 400 mm

Weight: only 65 kg

Engine: YX 140cc R / YX 150cc R

Carburetor: 26mm Molk

Exhaust: Steel pipe with aluminum silencer

Fuel: unleaded petrol

Clutch: multi oil bath

Transmission: 4 speed ( N1234 )

Chain drive

Pinion : 13 to 17

Crown : 32 to 46

MiniGP 140cc : 2250.00

MiniGP 150cc : 2390.00

Looks to be about $3,000,00 USD. Not bad for all the trick parts it's got...

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbynate
    After going to MiniGP PROfive-IMR I think this bike is Italian made?

One of the owners of the company is Italian and if I am not mistaken he has family ties with Piaggio.. So yes it does have Italian blood in its design.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

another pic of the italian branded one-

looks like there will be a bunch of different versions coming out. all based on the pitbikes already out. it was bound to happen eventually.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by boonacka
    another pic of the italian branded one-

looks like there will be a bunch of different versions coming out. all based on the pitbikes already out. it was bound to happen eventually.

And it looks to have slicks on it? Very cool along with all the other goodies..

This user has no status.

body style is different as well. not the same as the nsf100. frame is totally different from the ones previously shown. this one looks more "pitbike" based than the others.

This user has no status.

The problem I see here is that attendance is down at all the local club events so what makes you think that a Chinese road racer is gonna sell.

You would need an active club with a good following to promote a spec series and the way things are going that's not gonna happen anytime soon. The real die hard racers will show at all the events but getting them to buy another bike is just one more challenge to overcome. I would like nothing more than to see 12-15 of these lined up on the grid for some great spec racing but it takes commitment and attendance from a lot of people, which seems to be hard to find these days.
    2006 Pitster X2 Team T-BOLT USA 2007 Team Member

Banned
    This user has no status.

Watching a bunch of guys trying to keep a dozen Chinese road-racers alive for a whole season would be a giggle

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by firepower354
    Watching a bunch of guys trying to keep a dozen Chinese road-racers alive for a whole season would be a giggle

Also very true! Just another sad fact.
    2006 Pitster X2 Team T-BOLT USA 2007 Team Member

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MAZZ77X
    The problem I see here is that attendance is down at all the local club events so what makes you think that a Chinese road racer is gonna sell.

You would need an active club with a good following to promote a spec series and the way things are going that's not gonna happen anytime soon. The real die hard racers will show at all the events but getting them to buy another bike is just one more challenge to overcome. I would like nothing more than to see 12-15 of these lined up on the grid for some great spec racing but it takes commitment and attendance from a lot of people, which seems to be hard to find these days.

sad but true. i've only been able to make 1 outdoor race this year! i still want one of these though... just to have. lol

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MAZZ77X
    The problem I see here is that attendance is down at all the local club events...

Our club consists of Supermoto (big bike), Mini-road racing (and one mini-supermoto class), and vintage vespas and mopeds.

This year the minis have been growing! The vespas and mopeds too!

Our mini/asphalt only classes have the biggest grids!

The supermoto attendance is definitely down this year though...

As for FPM comment on keeping a china bike together for a season, plenty of china motocross racers keep a bike together for a season and motocross racing most likely puts more wear and tear on a bike than road racing...

Another thing, ordering parts for NSR's/NSF's is a pain. Some parts are on permanent back-order.....

While most NSR's are rather bullet proof, it is still a pain to get parts to do a end of season rebuild, etc...

Unless I am trying to order parts from the wrong people...maybe someone can point me in a better direction?

So, I don't see trying to get parts for a china bike being that hard (I do own a Pitster LXM). The engines have tons of support (FPM! ). The forks, brakes (ok..the front are radial mount...) and swingarm/rear shock look to be similar to its motocross cousin.

The only new thing would be the frame, wheels, and plastics. My guess is that one could fit some NSR/NSF plastics on it in a pinch...so plastics is kind of taken care of. I'm guessing spoked wheels could also be used if it came down to it, so that covers that.

So the only really new thing would be the frame.

All other components like clip-ons or rearsets could be sourced off other bikes, just like people do with NSR's/NSF's.

To conclude, I think these bikes would be a great addition to the mini-road racing scene!!

Especially if they can get them to the $2000-$2500 range.

People do seem to be buying plenty of motocross minis for that much...

And yes I know can buy a NSR for ~$1500 but those deals dont come up every day...and they are generally beat at that price...and you certainly cant just order one and have it shipped to you in a week with choice of an engine and/or color for that price....

ok. end of rant...

Banned
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by chester3000
    Our club consists of Supermoto (big bike), Mini-road racing (and one mini-supermoto class), and vintage vespas and mopeds.

This year the minis have been growing! The vespas and mopeds too!

Our mini/asphalt only classes have the biggest grids!

The supermoto attendance is definitely down this year though...

As for FPM comment on keeping a china bike together for a season, plenty of china motocross racers keep a bike together for a season and motocross racing most likely puts more wear and tear on a bike than road racing...

Another thing, ordering parts for NSR's/NSF's is a pain. Some parts are on permanent back-order.....

While most NSR's are rather bullet proof, it is still a pain to get parts to do a end of season rebuild, etc...

Unless I am trying to order parts from the wrong people...maybe someone can point me in a better direction?

So, I don't see trying to get parts for a china bike being that hard (I do own a Pitster LXM). The engines have tons of support (FPM! ). The forks, brakes (ok..the front are radial mount...) and swingarm/rear shock look to be similar to its motocross cousin.

The only new thing would be the frame, wheels, and plastics. My guess is that one could fit some NSR/NSF plastics on it in a pinch...so plastics is kind of taken care of. I'm guessing spoked wheels could also be used if it came down to it, so that covers that.

So the only really new thing would be the frame.

All other components like clip-ons or rearsets could be sourced off other bikes, just like people do with NSR's/NSF's.

To conclude, I think these bikes would be a great addition to the mini-road racing scene!!

Especially if they can get them to the $2000-$2500 range.

People do seem to be buying plenty of motocross minis for that much...

And yes I know can buy a NSR for ~$1500 but those deals dont come up every day...and they are generally beat at that price...and you certainly cant just order one and have it shipped to you in a week with choice of an engine and/or color for that price....

ok. end of rant...

First off, I think the bikes are cool as hell looking, for what they are. I personally can't contort in to that position any more, though

The comment I made (in jest...) was about an entire field of them remaining in race trim for a season. Asphalt is hard on motors, especially the long straights MX guys abuse trans' and clutches, while the smooth-tire guys buzz the crap outta the motors, and cornering forces get any thing flimsy to flop all over the place. Shifter-stompers end up in the sand traps. lol

Would be nice to be the guy selling spares, though... Hmmmm

Heck, I intend to put on a spec class, on a much less pricey mount, for next season, showing I believe it can be done. I expect to have a few hours of prep time, though... They sure as heck won't need full body aero packages to line the track with.

Wheel bearings, etc are easy to swap out, but the bikes are untested, and closer to $3K from the looks of it.

NSF parts, engine ones any way, are XR100 stuff, down to the crappy gear ratios, heavy crank, asthmatic head. Super easy to replace, especially with better stuff. Darn shame the Chinese haven't knocked off the XR100 motor to put in them. Then a guy could bolt in a real one, with an 80 or Tak trans and a decent head, and have a reliable but slowish mount.

Sure, I have tons of goodies for the lay-downs, but they're still crippled by the trans and kicker gear train, gear in the basket backside. My kicker hole plugs might sell to those guys, at least

It's not a gamble most importers are going to be willing to take. The YX bad blood is still on the walls out West, but maybe every one's forgot?

Cool concept, and I honestly hope it works for some body, some place. The local economy isn't going to bear a $3K bike that needs upgrades and repairs, IMO.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by firepower354
    First off, I think the bikes are cool as hell looking, for what they are. I personally can't contort in to that position any more, though

The comment I made (in jest...) was about an entire field of them remaining in race trim for a season. Asphalt is hard on motors, especially the long straights MX guys abuse trans' and clutches, while the smooth-tire guys buzz the crap outta the motors, and cornering forces get any thing flimsy to flop all over the place. Shifter-stompers end up in the sand traps. lol

Would be nice to be the guy selling spares, though... Hmmmm

I get what your saying. LOL But the last race i been to it was just the opposite.The people that were on the more expensive and namebrand machines kept breaking down.While me and a buddy was just sitting around in the pits eating some trail mix waiting for the next session to get out on the track.We were the only 2 guys on China made midbikes.LOL We looked like a couple of old men sitting out on the front porch just enjoying the weather.LOL This was like right out of the twilight zone.I was chalked it up as that's what racers do. funny stuff though......

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Ads