Nancy - My NS50 Project

PlanetMinis Forums

Nancy - My NS50 Project

This is a discussion on Nancy - My NS50 Project within the NSR50, NSF100F, MB5, NS1 and RCV Mini forums, part of the General Talk category; Greetings gents! Glad I stumbled onto this forum, been looking for a good place to keep my NS project thread. I picked up this little ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By steezin_and_wheezin

Thread: Nancy - My NS50 Project

This user has no status.

Nancy - My NS50 Project

Greetings gents! Glad I stumbled onto this forum, been looking for a good place to keep my NS project thread.

I picked up this little NS50 off ebay a few months back. I've been enjoying it on my 3 mile round trip commute. I've been riding it as is, but plan to start polishing it back up once my subaru project is road worthy.

Here's she is getting picked up from the previous owner;

Picked it up running and riding. A fella and his pops fixed this one up and posted it on fleabay. I caught wind of it and jump without hesitation. I've had a couple shifty fifties(rx50, and a couple MB's) but never had the joy of saddling up a NS. After a quick title, tag and registration I brought her along for our first day commuting;

Such a fun ride! My new(to me) rear/side fairings with OG decals should be here next week. I'll be swapping some fresh tar on soon as well as new levers and maybe a clutch rebuild. I am on the hunt for a few bits; front headlight cowl, engine cowl/chin fairing(of course). Down the road she'll probably get a decent wheel/disc brake/fork upgrade.

More to come! This is one of the few shifty fifties that I will keep in my collection for a long time

is RACING

Nice
    MINI RACING @
    Hidden Content
    NJminiGP kidz at New Jersey Motorsports Park
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

This user has no status.

Reunited and it feels soo good!

Traded my blank side/rear plastics for a set with OG decals. It really makes the bike for me. Now to continue hunting for a headlight, engine, and chin fairings. Also got a cheapo set of mirror off ebay, $15 shipped from chinaland. They are actually better quality than other cheap mirrors I've gone through.

Next up will be another round of maintenance; Clean engine bike up, clean chain, replace tube/tar, pull/clean/inspect rear brake(a bit sticky), change oil, and maybe a clutch rebuild.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

If I'm not mistaken, the NS50 shares the same motor as the NSR50R. You should look into a 70cc bbk. 75mph will be a reality.

AUTO BOY : High Power Full Kit [08-0514]

This user has no status.

Yup! The little ns indeed shares the same NSR motor. No big plans to kit and mod this one just yet. My commute is only 1.5miles city driving so the stock power suit the ride well. If I find a spare motor, I'll definitely swap it out, keep the stock as backup and shoot for the moon with nsr goodies.

This is my in town hooligan bike, I'm picking up my RG250 this week to satisfy my 2 strokin more power needs

This user has no status.

New homemade workbench to get me out of the shop and into some of this gorgeous weather we've been having.

I've clicked over just short of 500 miles so far and I've absolutely in love.

It was time for the first major round of maintenance - Drained and swapped all new fluids(gear oil, engine oil, and coolant), first good cleaning, and chain clean/lube/adjustment;

New tar coming in soon! The spokers are a little rusty so I'm debating on painting them while they're off and I'll sort my sticky rear brake.

This user has no status.

Got this for cheap off ebay. Love hoarding any literature I can on my projects.. Even if they are just dumb owners manuals
    Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 07-24-2015 at 10:39 AM.

This user has no status.

Just looked back. Bought this unit the weekend of March 29th 2015. So just over 1 year searching, I have found the gold at the end of the rainbow;

Now to put on my new tires and brake shoes
    Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 06-27-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    Quinc likes this.

This user has no status.

When your stands don't fit the bike, but you're dying to test fit the new tar;

Fought the front tire for a damn minute. These pilot sporty's are some of the stiffest tires I've ever attempted to install with just me and my 2 tire spoons. An hour or so wrestling the old tire off and the new tire on. Slapped it on to test fit and I put the damn thing on backwards!! I do that every time Also attempted to use the trashbag trick to get the tire on.. MISTAKE! Haha.. The bead was so tight on these tires that I was unable to slide the bag out once tire was on.

Decided I'd had enough on this tire install. Pulled the rear and dropped them with my local shop. Will get the front's direction corrected, trash bag removed, and new rear tire/tube swapped on. Should be done today hopefully. Can't wait to start scrubbing them in

NomNomNom

Really need to find(or build) stands that fit this mini monster. For now she'll just nap on my shop futon

This user has no status.

Tires went on yesterday and look fantastic!! Michelin pilot sporty tire - 90/80 front and 110/80 rear

I'll have to massage the chain guard a bit to clear, but other than that everything has plenty of breathing room. Can't wait to feel the ride, hoping the different size still feels as quick and nibble as the stock size. Just need to be buttoned up and scrubbed in.

Decided to leave the existing brake shoes on. Looks to have been swapped in the past and they still have plenty of life. Will be holding onto my ebc set of shoes as backups.

This user has no status.

After the rain finally subsided I got to take her maiden voyage. Womp Wommmp!

Barely made it out of the driveway before I could feel the front wheel is either way out of balance or we've roughed up the hoop enough that it's no longer true.. Going to rig up a front stand so I can do a quick run out test on the hoop. Then pull the front and probably rear for balancing since my shop dropped the ball on that..

She'll sit and wait until I have some time to get it all sorted. Need to get it ready, freshen up all the fluids, and maybe a clutch rebuild before True Grits.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by steezin_and_wheezin View Post
    Just looked back. Bought this unit the weekend of March 29th 2015. So just over 1 year searching, I have found the gold at the end of the rainbow;

Dude you are an inspiration - I just picked up an NS50 of my own for $250 with blown rings and only one of the rear side covers. Popped the cylinder off and I only need a replacement piston and rings. Maybe one day I'll assemble the plastics. For now I'm gonna run it like a rat rice rocket.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by pgroot View Post
    Dude you are an inspiration - I just picked up an NS50 of my own for $250 with blown rings and only one of the rear side covers. Popped the cylinder off and I only need a replacement piston and rings. Maybe one day I'll assemble the plastics. For now I'm gonna run it like a rat rice rocket.
    Rad mang! Keep at it, hopefully some will surface for ya. I've heard talk of Dos cycles in Atlanta making molds for reproductions. Keep an eye on them, good dudes down there!

Sponsored Links