PlanetMinis Forums

Check my new web site out....give me feedback

This is a discussion on Check my new web site out....give me feedback within the Off Topic forums, part of the General Talk category; Whats up everyone. I want to thank my buddy Dave Deffes who has been working on my site all week and we pretty much have ...

This user has no status.

Check my new web site out....give me feedback

Whats up everyone. I want to thank my buddy Dave Deffes who has been working on my site all week and we pretty much have it completed except an intro theme song which were working on and adding a bunch of pictures of us and our friends in the Central Florida area . Let me know what you think about it.

http://www.dagner-performance.com/

This user has no status.

thats pretty sick I like it its easy to use

This user has no status.

Supporting Member

constructive feedback: leave the crazy font for the name... put all the links as a more simple font and make it fit to fewer pages. People are more likely to surf around the less times you have to hit 'back'.

good work, keep it up.

This user has no status.

^^^+1^^^

I have not checked out the entire site yet but came up with something that may help you out...

I kind of like the dripping blood font for the title, but to use it for the links to other pages and text on those pages is a bit much. I found it a little tough to read. A busy font on a busy background makes for a tired reader.... A tired reader will leave your site faster than one that easily read...

Just trying to help...
    Moosehunter (aka: Dan)

"When in doubt.... GAS IT!"

This user has no status.

i love the Giger-ish background!!! it's pimp YO!

is an OLD FART on a island

nice work dude!!! we all have a darker side ready to jump out !! looking good !!!

This user has no status.

What have you done to my son?!!!!! You've pulled him over to the dark side. Damn you Fagner....Damn you!!!!! You cant pull me in there!!!! Get my name off that evil team!!!!!!

This user has no status.

ugh...your site is a prime example of horrible design and a waste of webspace. The Geiger bg is really distracting and you overuse the dripping blood font. Please if you need any help with designing a web site, you can drop me a PM. That's all I do for a living and I could give you some help. Your graphics are too wide and most will have to scroll to the right to see the whole page(big no no). Shrink your graphics down to around 1000px wide so if you are designing for 1024x768 it will fit onto the screen without scrolling.

Your site, BTW, is 1997 design-wise.
    KLX110, CRF450

This user has no status.

Looks good, have you ever done acid?

This user has no status.

Not bad...my recommendation would be to use higher res pictures...most people have highspeed internet these days....good high res pictures make me look at a picture longer than crappy pics.

...and the same font throughout is too much for me also.

Nice work.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by docweedon
    ugh...your site is a prime example of horrible design and a waste of webspace. The Geiger bg is really distracting and you overuse the dripping blood font. Please if you need any help with designing a web site, you can drop me a PM. That's all I do for a living and I could give you some help. Your graphics are too wide and most will have to scroll to the right to see the whole page(big no no). Shrink your graphics down to around 1000px wide so if you are designing for 1024x768 it will fit onto the screen without scrolling.

Your site, BTW, is 1997 design-wise.
    I agree with this assesment. What exactly do you sell or do? I could not figure that out from the confusing site and difficult to read text. The graphics are ok, way overdone and just not my taste.

This user has no status.

I maintain a few mx web sites and am currently working on the Butler Brothers MX web site.

www.weedondesigns.com
    KLX110, CRF450

This user has no status.

In refrence to the bad feedback:

Thanks for the contructive criticism, however I would like to point out that in regard to the "over abundantly" used blood font...That is all a matter of personal preference. Some like it, some don't...and the owner of the site happens to love it. I do find it insulting that you would call it a waste of webspace...This site was done completely with MS publisher and if you know anything at all about publisher then you know that it is very limited so keep those kinds of comments to yourslef. Anyway...there is no need for an argumentative response. I just wanted to give a response to the neg fb. Thanks.

This user has no status.

Also...i did design it for a 1024x768 res in which the width is perfect. Anything less of a res would be somewhat "out-of-date". Publisher does not allow dynamic widths.

This user has no status.

Ok well first "Crippler" i can de-tune your bike in a heart beat so be careful upon what you wish for. The blood font..... well i think there should be more. As far as what i do , click performance and it describes my buisness and last but not least when you say its a waste of space..... well thats a pretty negative feedback on your part which isnt constructive critisism that were asking for and quite frankly it sounds like your just trying to make your self and your so called web design skills look better, so good for you and your abilities. Oh and Geiger is spelled GIGER i think Hans Rudi has earned the correct spelling . Thanks to everyone else and we will consider some minor changes.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ddeffes
    Also...i did design it for a 1024x768 res in which the width is perfect. Anything less of a res would be somewhat "out-of-date". Publisher does not allow dynamic widths.

Honestly...if you are doing web design...you should not be using publisher at all. I should be flaming you even more for using Publisher, which is designed as a desktop publishing program, not a web design program. You do not have to use Dreamweaver or Frontpage(which is MS's web design program btw), there are free programs out there you can download that will give you better results. Hell...you can even export HTML code directly from photoshop(through imageready of course!!)

My opinons are based off the fact I am a web designer and I see horrible sites everyday. You said you designed for 1024x768, but when I pulled up the properties for http://www.dagner-performance.com/in...s/image359.gif

the Width of that graphic is at 1048px. Also remember, you have to buffer your website. By this I mean you can't run your headers out to 1024. There is pixels being taken up by a scroll bar most times. And I do most of my sites still at 800x600 only because not everyone has 20/20 vision, even though I design in a much higher resolution. Get used to designing in 800x600 my friend.

Most web surfers will shut your site off for a few reasons:

1. Slow load times...

2. Small and unreadable fonts - Using the font you have used for the site shows that this is a kids site and not a business site and it very undreadable to 99% of the people out there.

3. Having to do any extra scrolling - No sctolling to the right or you will frustrate surfers.

I didn't mean to be a dick...yea I did...but just because you stole a geiger graphic for your bg, didn't do ANY thought about design(oh..this font looks siiiiK!! Let's use it an piss EVERYONE off...F the ppl that can't read it) and you want to call it a website. F dat!! Just because you put up a few graphics and put it up on the web doesn't make that pile a website. Go back...do some homework, download a REAL web design program.

I'm not going to pat you on the back for a crappy website/design. Go back and do something creative.
    KLX110, CRF450

This user has no status.

Looks really nice! how did you make it?

Sanoman23

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Supporting Member

If you want good feedback on your site I would suggest finding a web development forum. There are lots of good places to find feedback...

::: thread closed and moved :::

Ads