Why no love for the CT90?

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Why no love for the CT90? within the Off Topic forums, part of the General Talk category; I'm redoing my CT70 and was wondering why there's no action on the 90? Not much on eBay and nice ones on Craigslist go for ...

This user has no status.

I'm redoing my CT70 and was wondering why there's no action on the 90? Not much on eBay and nice ones on Craigslist go for like half thatbif a nice 70.

Were they that bad? Hard to keep going because low aftermarket support? Don't even see them on the forums. Just wondering why they don't have a following?

This user has no status.

I've had a couple and always had trouble with the electrical systems. The spark come from the battery... no juice, no run. There is/was a Trail 90 yahoo groups mailing list. They never graduated to a web forum but did have annual rallys. I attended one in Los Angeles and immediately wished there was a CT70 rally. I suggest Deals Gap!

is Initial Success or Total
    Failure.

CT90/110's go for a pretty penny in CO still. Even run down ones that need a ton of work are 5-600. Lot of edgy hipsters love riding them around and it's really bumped the price up.

This user has no status.

There is still a pretty good following but they never really got hit with all the aftermarket popularity that the z50s and ct70s did. Most likely because they are pretty practical as they come. I had a pretty nice 69' and got around $1,200 for it so there is still demand. Overall I just think they sold so many and made them for such a long time that they aren't as rare as the z50s and ct70s that were often rode pretty hard by young kids. Don't have quite as cool of a look as well (my opinion) though I always though it would be cool to build one into a street cruiser.

Sponsored Links